Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How come Georgia is going back to school so early.

How come Georgia is going back to school so early. I thought it was a
farming state, and they didn't go back until after the harvest.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronav...positive-test/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/6/20 11:07 PM, micky wrote:
How come Georgia is going back to school so early. I thought it was a
farming state, and they didn't go back until after the harvest.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronav...positive-test/

Farmers are using combines now that cost maybe $700,000 or so
instead of horses and mules. I'm in my 60s and school was always
starting around Labor Day or so. Harvest in my area started mid October
or so depending on weather.
Planting season for corn starts in early April with soybeans
following. Winter wheat sowing starts in mid September if my memory is
working. Harvest for it would be late July. Grain sorghum (milo) is
planted in the spring and harvested in the fall. It's mainly a dryland
crop.
School has to start earlier than when I was growing up since kids
aren't nearly as smart now as my generation is/was.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/07/2020 04:56 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 8/6/20 11:07 PM, micky wrote:
How come Georgia is going back to school so early. I thought it was a
farming state, and they didn't go back until after the harvest.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronav...positive-test/

Farmers are using combines now that cost maybe $700,000 or so
instead of horses and mules. I'm in my 60s and school was always
starting around Labor Day or so. Harvest in my area started mid October
or so depending on weather.
Planting season for corn starts in early April with soybeans
following. Winter wheat sowing starts in mid September if my memory is
working. Harvest for it would be late July. Grain sorghum (milo) is
planted in the spring and harvested in the fall. It's mainly a dryland
crop.
School has to start earlier than when I was growing up since kids
aren't nearly as smart now as my generation is/was.

The harvest has started! The last couple of nights on my way home I
passed some kids with a picnic table full of veggies in their driveway
that they were selling.

Last night she had a competitor a half mile down the road. A pickup was
in a driveway with two big boxes of squash in the bed and a big sign
that said Free!

Like they say, lock your car doors or you'll wind up with a bushel of
zucchini in the back seat.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore!

On Fri, 7 Aug 2020 07:38:26 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

The harvest has started!

Right on! Must be the best time of the year for a stupid hayseed like you,
lowbrowwoman!