gntry

Default Barking Dog

I know this is not the right newsgroup to post this but I remember reading
something like this here years ago. Where would one go to find the local
codes or ordinance's for barking dogs? Local Police Dept.? or the Town
Offices?

I-zheet M'drurz

gntry wrote:

I know this is not the right newsgroup to post this but I
remember reading something like this here years ago. Where would
one go to find the local codes or ordinance's for barking dogs?
Local Police Dept.? or the Town Offices?

Either one shoud help, or poit you towards the one that will.
If you're going to call your police department, make sure you
look up the "non-emergency" number in your local phone book,
if there's one thing that will get you off on the wrong foot
it's using 911 for something like that.

Personally, I would stop by your municipal office building if
that's possible with your schedule. Talk in poerson, put a
face on a name, you never know when somebody might be asking
for your vote.

--
So if you meet me, have some courtesy,
have some sympathy, and some taste.
I-zheet M'drurz

I-zheet M'drurz wrote:

Either one shoud help, or poit

(sigh) I gotta either get a new keyboard or turn the spell
checker back on.

--
So if you meet me, have some courtesy,
have some sympathy, and some taste.
Use all your well-learned politesse,
or I'll lay your soul to waste.
Kyle Boatright

"gntry" wrote in message
I know this is not the right newsgroup to post this but I remember reading
something like this here years ago. Where would one go to find the local
codes or ordinance's for barking dogs? Local Police Dept.? or the Town
Offices?

Not a direct answer to your question, but if you've got a barking dog
problem, have a polite talk with the owner about it..."You're probably used
to your dog barking, but it really bothers me (my wife, my kids,
whatever)..." You'll probably achieve your goal faster that way than any
other.

KB

DaddyMonkey

Don't ever-EVER be affraid to call your local sheriffs departments...
THAT IS what your tax dollars buy!

but, what I-Zheet said is true.
Don't call your local sheriff on the 9-11 hotline... not for a dog
barking.

Best wishes,
Dave

bumtracks

neighbor took me to court once
barking dog

Judge drove by my home before hand, so he had to ask, where do you keep the
dog. Dog lives in rear family room during work day with a side door ajar
to go do its duties in a small fenced area. Judge asked neighbor when
does this dog bark ? She replied every time she talks to it.

Judge wasn't very nice to her - his bottom line to her was, if you had spoke
with your neighbor about their barking dog I'm sure they would have obliged
somehow and silenced it. You've now wasted this young man time as he's
taken time of from work to come here and have cost many dollars of the whole
court system which comes out of our pockets - yours, mine and every city
citizen has paid for your pestering of this dog. Be thankful that dog
barks as its offering security to everyone and you're getting that security
for free. And if you go near that dogs fence, I'm ordering you - do not
talk to that dog !

"gntry" wrote in message
I know this is not the right newsgroup to post this but I remember reading
something like this here years ago. Where would one go to find the local
codes or ordinance's for barking dogs? Local Police Dept.? or the Town
Offices?

Phisherman

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 21:10:50 -0400, "gntry" wrote:

I know this is not the right newsgroup to post this but I remember reading
something like this here years ago. Where would one go to find the local
codes or ordinance's for barking dogs? Local Police Dept.? or the Town
Offices?

Contact your local police and ask for Animal Control. They may have a
brochure on local codes and regulations and provide you with a copy.
Bill Schnakenberg

Phisherman wrote:

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 21:10:50 -0400, "gntry" wrote:

I know this is not the right newsgroup to post this but I remember reading
something like this here years ago. Where would one go to find the local
codes or ordinance's for barking dogs? Local Police Dept.? or the Town
Offices?

Contact your local police and ask for Animal Control. They may have a
brochure on local codes and regulations and provide you with a copy.

Or if he lives in any modern area, the code may be on the municipal's
official website, as mine is.

53-4. Prohibitions.

It shall be unlawful for any owner of or any person harboring any dog to
permit or allow such dog while in the Town of XXXXXXXXX to:

A. Engage in habitual loud howling or barking or to conduct itself in
such a manner as to annoy any person other than the owner or person
harboring such dog. Continuous or intermittent howling or barking for
more than 1/2 hour shall be presumptively a violation of this article.
Bob

"DaddyMonkey" wrote in message
Don't ever-EVER be affraid to call your local sheriffs

departments...
THAT IS what your tax dollars buy!

but, what I-Zheet said is true.
Don't call your local sheriff on the 9-11 hotline... not for a

dog
barking.

I've never had an issue with this. I just say "this in not an
emergency". They say "how can I help you" and I get connected to
the right people.

Bob

Philip Lewis

"Bob" writes:
I've never had an issue with this. I just say "this in not an
emergency". They say "how can I help you" and I get connected to
the right people.

In out borough, the published local number is forwarded to the 911.

When I wanted to find out about the pooper-scooper law, i called the
borough office. The secretary was most helpful. She told me the
relevant sections and read me the code verbatim.

--
be safe.
flip

Phisherman

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 11:57:42 -0400, Bill Schnakenberg
wrote:

Phisherman wrote:

[...]

Ours is similar. But to submit a complaint about a barking dog, two
persons of different addresses must state the complaint in writing.
Without two, a complaint is ignored.

gntry

I am suprised at all the responses from this. First let's set the record
straight. I love animals, Dogs have been around my life since I was a kid. I
have spoken to the dog owner, although she is old and very nice, she seems a
bit out of touch with the real world. she states that she knows her dog
barks but she's only 4 yrs. old and still a puppy! She states that it's only
"XX" time (as if it's allowed to bark until 9pm at night) Another one was
"well that's what dogs do!" let me tell you all, this dog is hyper, she
barks at leaves that fly by in the wind, she barks at anything that walks by
the house, I mean not just bark as if to say hey, I'm watching you, but
barks for 10 minutes after the person is long gone, she runs from one side
to the other side of the yard just barking. People I talk to seem miffed
when I explain that it isn't just 5 or 10 minutes of barking. This mutt
barks from the time she opens the door till the time she let's her back in.
There are times we can hear her barking from inside the house banging into
the door to get out. laugh at this but this dog barks when she is doing her
business!
I'm leaning towards a drive by sniper hit!
"gntry" wrote in message
I know this is not the right newsgroup to post this but I remember reading
something like this here years ago. Where would one go to find the local
codes or ordinance's for barking dogs? Local Police Dept.? or the Town
Offices?

Kyle Boatright

"gntry" wrote in message
I know this is not the right newsgroup to post this but I remember reading
something like this here years ago. Where would one go to find the local
codes or ordinance's for barking dogs? Local Police Dept.? or the Town
Offices?

Shoot the owner, not the dog. The owner knows better, the dog is a stupid
animal...

Point out to the owner that for the cost of a $50 bark collar, she can solve
the problem. On the other hand, animal control or the police can force her
to solve the problem, probably costing much more (in hassle and $) than the
easy solution.

RSMEINER

she
barks at leaves that fly by in the wind, she barks at anything that walks by
the house, I mean not just bark as if to say hey, I'm watching you, but
barks for 10 minutes after the person is long gone, she runs from one side
to the other side of the yard just barking.

The dog is bored. It either needs another pooch to keep it
company or it needs a job.

Randy
http://members.aol.com/rsmeiner

Oscar_Lives

"gntry" wrote in message
I know this is not the right newsgroup to post this but I remember reading
something like this here years ago. Where would one go to find the local
codes or ordinance's for barking dogs? Local Police Dept.? or the Town
Offices?

Put some antifreeze in its water. The dog will love the sweet taste. After
a few days, the barking should stop.

Also, soaking sponges in bacon grease and giving them to the dog will also
help quiet it down.

Good luck.

Stormin Mormon

Put out a tape recorder, and record the dog barking. When it really annoys
you, set up speakers and run cords off your home stereo. Blast the barking
dog sounds directly at the old lady's house. This won't make the
neighborhood more quiet, but it will make you feel better.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"gntry" wrote in message
[...]

Bob

"RSMEINER" wrote in message
she
barks at leaves that fly by in the wind, she barks at anything

that walks by
the house, I mean not just bark as if to say hey, I'm watching

you, but
barks for 10 minutes after the person is long gone, she runs

from one side
to the other side of the yard just barking.

The dog is bored. It either needs another pooch to keep it
company or it needs a job.

Another dog is just more motivation for barking. My neighbor
proved that.

Bob

RSMEINER

Another dog is just more motivation for barking. My neighbor
proved that.

Bob

Really ? Never seen that happen to a bored pooch. Usually
they will start playing, etc as they have something to do.

Maybe the neighbor needs training.

Randy
http://members.aol.com/rsmeiner
MC

Got two buddies that seem to do the job, Smith and Wesson..

OK old one and was just kidding

I was really wondering about those electronic gadgets when detecting a dog
barking is supposed to emit a high frequency noise to keep the dog from
barking, Do these really work ?

"RSMEINER" wrote in message
Another dog is just more motivation for barking. My neighbor
proved that.

Bob

Really ? Never seen that happen to a bored pooch. Usually
they will start playing, etc as they have something to do.

Maybe the neighbor needs training.

Randy
http://members.aol.com/rsmeiner

Bob

"RSMEINER" wrote in message
Another dog is just more motivation for barking. My neighbor
proved that.

Bob

Really ? Never seen that happen to a bored pooch. Usually
they will start playing, etc as they have something to do.

Maybe the neighbor needs training.

You got that right. Training the neighbor took 6-7 years of calls
to animal control.

Playing and barking seemed to go together for her dogs.

Bob

RSMEINER

Playing and barking seemed to go together for her dogs.

Bob

All dogs are going to bark some. Thats what they do.
Shouldn't really be a problem unless it's endless or goes on
for hours on end.

Randy
http://members.aol.com/rsmeiner
Bob

"RSMEINER" wrote in message
Playing and barking seemed to go together for her dogs.

Bob

All dogs are going to bark some. Thats what they do.
Shouldn't really be a problem unless it's endless or goes on
for hours on end.

Or wakes you up every morning.

Bob

RSMEINER

Or wakes you up every morning.

Bob

That to. Think of them as 4 legged security systems.