M Gazer

Default strange problem with flourescent lights and switch

I have several sets of flourescent lights in my kitchen which up until
tonight, were all controlled by a wall switch. Today, I replaced several of
the tubes and now, when I turn the switch on/off, only some of the lights
come on. There are several other switches in the kitchen which we have
never used but now they turn on/off the lights NOT being controlled by the
master switch!!

It seems insane but it seems that previously, all of the fixtures were on
the same circuit and now poof, for some reason they have been separated into
different ones. I didn't do anything else other than replace some bulbs..

Can anyone help?!!
Thanks

toller

I am only guessing of course, but I suspect you have some improperly wired
3way switches and this problem is simply a coincidence with replacing the
bulbs.
Try both switches up, both down, etc, and see how the lights respond. And
check to see if the switches say "off" and "on" on them; I bet they don't.

Either that, or you are crazy. What did you think the other switch was for
before this happened?

SQLit

"M Gazer" wrote in message
. ..
I have several sets of flourescent lights in my kitchen which up until
tonight, were all controlled by a wall switch. Today, I replaced several

of
the tubes and now, when I turn the switch on/off, only some of the lights
come on. There are several other switches in the kitchen which we have
never used but now they turn on/off the lights NOT being controlled by the
master switch!!

It seems insane but it seems that previously, all of the fixtures were on
the same circuit and now poof, for some reason they have been separated

into
different ones. I didn't do anything else other than replace some bulbs..

Can anyone help?!!
Thanks

Replacing tubes can not cause this. Best guess you did something else and
your not telling us. Or are you just trolling?

I-zheet M'drurz

M Gazer wrote:

I have several sets of flourescent lights in my kitchen which up
until tonight, were all controlled by a wall switch. Today, I
replaced several of the tubes and now, when I turn the switch
on/off, only some of the lights come on. There are several
other switches in the kitchen which we have never used but now
they turn on/off the lights NOT being controlled by the master
switch!!

It seems insane but it seems that previously, all of the
fixtures were on the same circuit and now poof, for some reason
they have been separated into different ones. I didn't do
anything else other than replace some bulbs..

Can anyone help?!!

Yeah, lying troll: Go **** yourself.

HTH.

--
Saluting America's #1 (animated) "MILF" - Lois Griffin!
Tom Pendergast e-mail is for sissies, say it on line
Terry

wrote in message
On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 23:17:37 -0400, "M Gazer"

wrote:

I have several sets of flourescent lights in my kitchen which up until
tonight, were all controlled by a wall switch. Today, I replaced several

of
the tubes and now, when I turn the switch on/off, only some of the lights
come on. There are several other switches in the kitchen which we have
never used but now they turn on/off the lights NOT being controlled by

the
master switch!!

It seems insane but it seems that previously, all of the fixtures were on
the same circuit and now poof, for some reason they have been separated

into
different ones. I didn't do anything else other than replace some

bulbs..

You have either installed the bulbs backwards or accidentally bought bulbs
designed for the south hemisphere market.
Check the box to see if they were made in Australia.

derrick

Nah mate; maybe he didn't put the tubes in right and has got only one pin
'in the socket' and the other pin, somewhere on one or both ends of a tube,
the other pin touching the metal frame or summat?
Either that and/or agree the post doesn't make sense. I also wonder if the
metal fixtures are properly grounded?
Concerning FLUORESCENT lighting; you should see my neighbours (I wonder why
that word fluorescent is so often misspelt btw?) garage lights!
The whole thing is so badly wired that I refuse to work on it!

M Gazer

holy ****... what is with this "troll" thing??? I had a legitimate question
and all of you toughguys are slagging me...

I replaced several more of the tubes today and still the lights only come on
when I flick 2 switches as opposed to the one MAIN one previously..

"Terry" wrote in message
. ..

wrote:

[...]

HRL

Well you are going to have to give more information. How many lamps do your
have? How manyi other switches and what are they supposed to do? If you
have never used the other switches I will guess that someone did some
changes to the wiring somehow hooking them into the circuit.

"M Gazer" wrote in message
. ..
holy ****... what is with this "troll" thing??? I had a legitimate

question
and all of you toughguys are slagging me...

I replaced several more of the tubes today and still the lights only come

on
when I flick 2 switches as opposed to the one MAIN one previously..

"Terry" wrote in message
. ..

wrote:

[...]

Mike Fritz

M Gazer wrote:
holy ****... what is with this "troll" thing??? I had a legitimate question
and all of you toughguys are slagging me...

I replaced several more of the tubes today and still the lights only come on
when I flick 2 switches as opposed to the one MAIN one previously..

I think the problem is your problem doesn't make logical sense. Kind of
like "I changed the tire on my car, but now the engine is making a
knocking noise, and billows smoke. What did I do to the tire?"

Here is what you said:

I have several sets of flourescent lights in my kitchen which up until
tonight, were all controlled by a wall switch.

Ok, how many sets? 2? 3? 4? They were controlled by 1 switch?

Today, I replaced several of
the tubes and now, when I turn the switch on/off, only some of the lights
come on.

Experience, based on all information up until this point, tells me you
didn't install the tube(s) correctly. Perhaps you didn't twist the tube
to lock the pins into the contacts, or one of the pins missed the slot
in the connector.

There are several other switches in the kitchen which we have
never used but now they turn on/off the lights NOT being controlled by the
master switch!!

Ok, so you NEVER used these other switches? Why not? Did they not work?
From this information, I don't know if you ever tried them. Are they
standard switches? So they have "ON" or "OFF" on the handle?

It seems insane but it seems that previously, all of the fixtures were on
the same circuit and now poof, for some reason they have been separated into
different ones. I didn't do anything else other than replace some bulbs..

Did you buy this house new? Is it possible someone messed with the
wiring at some point in the recent to decent past? Perhaps some of the
lights are connected to two three way switches, while others are not?
Perhaps someone used a couple standard switches which you left on all
the time?

There are several logic errors with your question. How many lights? How
many switches? Why did you need to replace the tubes in the first place?

--Mike

Can anyone help?!!
Thanks

I-zheet M'drurz

M Gazer wrote:

holy ****... what is with this "troll" thing???

That's you, fantasy boy.

Bull****. Troll.

--
Saluting America's #1 (animated) "MILF" - Lois Griffin!
Tom Pendergast e-mail is for sissies, say it on line

I-zheet M'drurz

M Gazer wrote:

Hey Mr . I-zheet M'drurz..... perhaps your "name" should be
"I-fluck Me Mother"...
jerkoff..

You notice nobody is answering your question, ya fuggin' liar.

What you describe doesn't happen, you made it up. That makes
you a TROLL. Go away, lying sack of ****.

I had a
legitimate question and all of you toughguys are slagging
me...

I replaced several more of the tubes today and still the
lights only come on when I flick 2 switches as opposed to the
one MAIN one previously..

Bull****. Troll.

Still TRUE! ^^^^^