HRL

Well you are going to have to give more information. How many lamps do your
have? How manyi other switches and what are they supposed to do? If you
have never used the other switches I will guess that someone did some
changes to the wiring somehow hooking them into the circuit.

"M Gazer" wrote in message
. ..
holy ****... what is with this "troll" thing??? I had a legitimate

question
and all of you toughguys are slagging me...

I replaced several more of the tubes today and still the lights only come

on
when I flick 2 switches as opposed to the one MAIN one previously..

"Terry" wrote in message
. ..

wrote in message
On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 23:17:37 -0400, "M Gazer"

wrote:

I have several sets of flourescent lights in my kitchen which up

until
tonight, were all controlled by a wall switch. Today, I replaced

several
of
the tubes and now, when I turn the switch on/off, only some of the

lights
come on. There are several other switches in the kitchen which we

have
never used but now they turn on/off the lights NOT being controlled

by
the
master switch!!

It seems insane but it seems that previously, all of the fixtures

were
on
the same circuit and now poof, for some reason they have been

separated
into
different ones. I didn't do anything else other than replace some

bulbs..

You have either installed the bulbs backwards or accidentally bought

bulbs
designed for the south hemisphere market.
Check the box to see if they were made in Australia.

derrick

Nah mate; maybe he didn't put the tubes in right and has got only one

pin
'in the socket' and the other pin, somewhere on one or both ends of a

tube,
the other pin touching the metal frame or summat?
Either that and/or agree the post doesn't make sense. I also wonder if

the
metal fixtures are properly grounded?
Concerning FLUORESCENT lighting; you should see my neighbours (I wonder

why
that word fluorescent is so often misspelt btw?) garage lights!
The whole thing is so badly wired that I refuse to work on it!