Mike Ballard

Default deck sealer clean-up

Hi -

I used Olympic's clear max sealant (blue can) on the deck and accidentally
got some on a concrete step (and it's dried). I'm afraid to use mineral
spirits to try and clean it up since that would probably stain the
concrete as well. Olympic's toll-free number is somebody's answering
machine so I thought I'd check here to see if anyone has tips on how to
clean the sealant off the concrete.

Mike
--

net [one dot] verizon [cymbal] ballard [no spaces] mike [reverse the whole thing]

"Who would Osama bin Laden vote for?"

Bill Schnakenberg

Mike Ballard wrote:

Hi -

I used Olympic's clear max sealant (blue can) on the deck and accidentally
got some on a concrete step (and it's dried). I'm afraid to use mineral
spirits to try and clean it up since that would probably stain the
concrete as well. Olympic's toll-free number is somebody's answering
machine so I thought I'd check here to see if anyone has tips on how to
clean the sealant off the concrete.

Mike

Some people come in here and ask what sealers to use on brick and
concrete, and others ask how to remove sealers from concrete. What to
do, what to do...?
Three possible solutions:
1. use the same clear stuff and seal the whole concrete step.
2. use a mix of muriatic acid and water to remove the spill (check
instructions for mix ratio).
3. just let it weather away.