mike

Default powder to help outgas new carpet

I once bought a powder from a place in Iowa that you sprinkle all over
new carpet and it sucks the toxic odors out...anybody remember what it
is called?

Also, could I just use baking soda and then vacuum it up after a few
days?

Anybody got any other ideas?

Thnaks,

Michael
HA HA Budys Here

I once bought a powder from a place in Iowa that you sprinkle all over
new carpet and it sucks the toxic odors out...anybody remember what it
is called?

Also, could I just use baking soda and then vacuum it up after a few
days?

Anybody got any other ideas?

Thnaks,

Michael

Oh for Christ F*&$ing sakes. You *&*$^ing people are unreal sometimes.
barb

I might have thought the same thing before I recently stayed in a motel
where the carpet in the room was recently installed. The odor was so bad,
even with the window open all night. I was glad I only had to stay one
night there.

"HA HA Budys Here" wrote in message

I once bought a powder from a place in Iowa that you sprinkle all over
new carpet and it sucks the toxic odors out...anybody remember what it
is called?

Also, could I just use baking soda and then vacuum it up after a few
days?

Anybody got any other ideas?

Thnaks,

Michael

Oh for Christ F*&$ing sakes. You *&*$^ing people are unreal sometimes.

Tony

Magic Pixie Dust?

Why not just stick a box fan in the window and suck the smell out that
way?

Tony

On 18 Aug 2004 17:42:20 -0700, (mike)
wrote:

I once bought a powder from a place in Iowa that you sprinkle all over
new carpet and it sucks the toxic odors out...anybody remember what it
is called?

Also, could I just use baking soda and then vacuum it up after a few
days?

Anybody got any other ideas?

Thnaks,

Michael

Abe

You should use good ventilation to the outside, and, if you want, an
air cleaner that traps volatile chemicals (the outgassing is somewhat
toxic).

Don't add baking soda. It acts as an abrasive, and what you can't get
out will eventually wear on the base of the carpet fibres.

Carpet Repair barry martin Home Repair 3 August 16th 04 10:24 PM
Paint Baseboards Before Carpet? Rev_Scuggins Home Repair 7 July 18th 04 08:35 PM
What to do with Wet Carpet in a house? TURTLE Home Repair 23 March 4th 04 02:17 AM
while *laying* carpet; anticipating human "cow-trails"? David Combs Home Repair 7 January 31st 04 06:33 PM