Posted to alt.home.repair

Default This is weird ...

For some reason E-S is neither sending nor receiving posts from AHR .
All other grpoups are fine , just here that is affected . Good thing I
remembered I have this account with blocknews ! I'm considering dropping
eternal-september altogether , I bought a 10gig block here and have
barely touched it . I need to see what current prices are and what my
usage is , not that a few bucks will break me . And I'll bet they're
more reliable too .
--
Snag
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/6/2020 4:35 PM, Snag wrote:
Â* For some reason E-S is neither sending nor receiving posts from AHR .
All other grpoups are fine , just here that is affected . Good thing I
remembered I have this account with blocknews ! I'm considering dropping
eternal-september altogether , I bought a 10gig block here and have
barely touched it . I need to see what current prices are and what my
usage is , not that a few bucks will break me . And I'll bet they're
more reliable too .

I've been using Blocknews for a couple of years. I paid about $10 up
front and still have used only a tiny portion. Best deal on the
internet and more reliable than E-S
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/6/2020 4:46 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/6/2020 4:35 PM, Snag wrote:
Â*Â* For some reason E-S is neither sending nor receiving posts from AHR
. All other grpoups are fine , just here that is affected . Good thing
I remembered I have this account with blocknews ! I'm considering
dropping eternal-september altogether , I bought a 10gig block here
and have barely touched it . I need to see what current prices are and
what my usage is , not that a few bucks will break me . And I'll bet
they're more reliable too .

I've been using Blocknews for a couple of years.Â* I paid about $10 up
front and still have used only a tiny portion.Â* Best deal on the
internet and more reliable than E-S

Just checked. I've used 1.1 Gig since 11/16. You can get 5 Gig for
$2.89. Pretty good deal.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/6/2020 4:35 PM, Snag wrote:
Â*Â* For some reason E-S is neither sending nor receiving posts from
AHR . All other grpoups are fine , just here that is affected . Good
thing I remembered I have this account with blocknews ! I'm
considering dropping eternal-september altogether , I bought a 10gig
block here and have barely touched it . I need to see what current
prices are and what my usage is , not that a few bucks will break me
. And I'll bet they're more reliable too .

I've been using Blocknews for a couple of years.Â* I paid about $10 up
front and still have used only a tiny portion.Â* Best deal on the
internet and more reliable than E-S

Just checked.Â* I've used 1.1 Gig since 11/16.Â* You can get 5 Gig for
$2.89.Â* Pretty good deal.

Damn , that makes it easier to decide . I bought 10 probably 3-4
years ago , but since I've only used it for a backup I think I've used
like .0002 Gb . Probably last me the rest of my life .
--
Snag
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 6 Jul 2020 15:35:00 -0500, Snag
wrote:

For some reason E-S is neither sending nor receiving posts from AHR .

If you get this, it's working now. I haven't had any problems.

All other grpoups are fine , just here that is affected . Good thing I
remembered I have this account with blocknews ! I'm considering dropping
eternal-september altogether , I bought a 10gig block here and have
barely touched it . I need to see what current prices are and what my
usage is , not that a few bucks will break me . And I'll bet they're
more reliable too .

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

For some reason E-S is neither sending nor receiving posts from AHR .

If you get this, it's working now. I haven't had any problems.

All other groups are fine , just here that is affected . Good thing I
remembered I have this account with blocknews ! I'm considering dropping
eternal-september altogether , I bought a 10gig block here and have
barely touched it . I need to see what current prices are and what my
usage is , not that a few bucks will break me . And I'll bet they're
more reliable too .

How about you read my post again . Your 2 brain cells may figure out
that I'm posting from blocknews instead of e-s .
--
Snag
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/6/2020 4:35 PM, Snag wrote:
Â* For some reason E-S is neither sending nor receiving posts from AHR .
All other grpoups are fine , just here that is affected . Good thing I
remembered I have this account with blocknews ! I'm considering dropping
eternal-september altogether , I bought a 10gig block here and have
barely touched it . I need to see what current prices are and what my
usage is , not that a few bucks will break me . And I'll bet they're
more reliable too .

I have been using news.tulanet.com lately when e.s. got flaky. Also use
news.aioe.org on occasion.

e.s. was not showing some of my posts to ahr but they showed up on these
others. I thought the posts had not been made.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 6 Jul 2020 15:35:00 -0500, Snag wrote:

For some reason E-S is neither sending nor receiving posts from AHR .
All other grpoups are fine , just here that is affected . Good thing I
remembered I have this account with blocknews ! I'm considering dropping
eternal-september altogether , I bought a 10gig block here and have
barely touched it . I need to see what current prices are and what my
usage is , not that a few bucks will break me . And I'll bet they're
more reliable too .

I am paying a few bucks a month for Giganews and they have over
100,000 groups, including the binaries. They have pretty good
retention too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

For some reason E-S is neither sending nor receiving posts from AHR .

If you get this, it's working now. I haven't had any problems.

All other grpoups are fine , just here that is affected . Good thing I
remembered I have this account with blocknews ! I'm considering dropping
eternal-september altogether , I bought a 10gig block here and have
barely touched it . I need to see what current prices are and what my
usage is , not that a few bucks will break me . And I'll bet they're
more reliable too .

I had a problem with eternal september for about 2 days a week or so
ago
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

For some reason E-S is neither sending nor receiving posts from AHR .

If you get this, it's working now. I haven't had any problems.

All other groups are fine , just here that is affected . Good thing I
remembered I have this account with blocknews ! I'm considering dropping
eternal-september altogether , I bought a 10gig block here and have
barely touched it . I need to see what current prices are and what my
usage is , not that a few bucks will break me . And I'll bet they're
more reliable too .

How about you read my post again . Your 2 brain cells may figure out
that I'm posting from blocknews instead of e-s .

Do I care? Maybe your 1 brain cell can figure out that if you get this,
I was able to post it with e-s, so that's half of your complaint that
is not true now. And since I got your original complaint, the other
half isn't true now either. Get it?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

For some reason E-S is neither sending nor receiving posts from AHR .

If you get this, it's working now. I haven't had any problems.

All other grpoups are fine , just here that is affected . Good thing I
remembered I have this account with blocknews ! I'm considering dropping
eternal-september altogether , I bought a 10gig block here and have
barely touched it . I need to see what current prices are and what my
usage is , not that a few bucks will break me . And I'll bet they're
more reliable too .

I had a problem with eternal september for about 2 days a week or so
ago

I just find it very odd that only one newsgroup is affected .
--
Snag
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

For some reason E-S is neither sending nor receiving posts from AHR .

If you get this, it's working now. I haven't had any problems.

All other groups are fine , just here that is affected . Good thing I
remembered I have this account with blocknews ! I'm considering dropping
eternal-september altogether , I bought a 10gig block here and have
barely touched it . I need to see what current prices are and what my
usage is , not that a few bucks will break me . And I'll bet they're
more reliable too .

How about you read my post again . Your 2 brain cells may figure out
that I'm posting from blocknews instead of e-s .

Do I care? Maybe your 1 brain cell can figure out that if you get this,
I was able to post it with e-s, so that's half of your complaint that
is not true now.

Just because YOU can post is immaterial . I can't except using
blocknews . Same for receiving messages foe AHR .

And since I got your original complaint, the other
half isn't true now either. Get it?

As I said above , it works for you . But it ain't working for me at
this time on this computer using this OS . I haven't checked on XP - the
other OS on this comp .
--
Snag
Posted to alt.home.repair

Snag submitted this idea :

wrote:

For some reason E-S is neither sending nor receiving posts from AHR .

If you get this, it's working now. I haven't had any problems.

All other grpoups are fine , just here that is affected . Good thing I
remembered I have this account with blocknews ! I'm considering dropping
eternal-september altogether , I bought a 10gig block here and have
barely touched it . I need to see what current prices are and what my
usage is , not that a few bucks will break me . And I'll bet they're
more reliable too .

I had a problem with eternal september for about 2 days a week or so
ago

I just find it very odd that only one newsgroup is affected .

Have they appeared yet? Sometimes due to the nature of NNTP's 'flood'
propagation things get delayed for some servers in the bang path but
not for others in other bang paths.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Snag submitted this idea :

wrote:

[...]

Nothing has come since the 20th of June ... but that's OK , as cheap
as it is I'm going to switch over to blocknews for all my usenet traffic
.. Added bonus is that they don't restrict file size in binary groups . I
compared s-e and blocknews in the one binary I use and blocknews had
many files that e-s has apparently blocked for size . All photos of very
old motorcycles ...
--
Snag
Posted to alt.home.repair

Snag laid this down on his screen :

.

[...]

That borders on being criminal.

Well, free is free and one can have several free servers for when they
crap out - and they all do I think.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Â*Â* For some reason E-S is neither sending nor receiving posts from AHR
.

If you get this, it's working now.Â*Â* I haven't had any problems.

[...]

There ain't no free lunch. If you are not paying for the product, you
are the product.
I am willing to pay the price of a "Whopper meal" a month to get
unrestricted usenet access. (way more GB that I can use, even
occasionally pirating music and video)