Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Stronger than steel, superwood

Stronger than steel, superwood. Scientific American

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/s...=pocket-newtab
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2020-06-20 16:53, micky wrote:

Stronger than steel, superwood. Scientific American

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/s...=pocket-newtab

Now is we could make it non-flammable and ruin termites teeth.

I wonder how bad it outgasses?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2020-06-20 16:53, micky wrote:

Stronger than steel, superwood.Â* Scientific American

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/s...=pocket-newtab

Now is we could make it non-flammable and ruin termites teeth.

I wonder how bad it outgasses?

Just another composite to me. Bullet stopping is no big deal for a
fibrous material spreading the energy of the bullet. It is not as good
as Kevlar they say and I doubt it is as good as nylon.

Cost analysis would be interesting. Lot of people think that materials
based on natural processes are cheaper and less polluting but reverse is
often true.