Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Am I morally or contractually obliged?

Usually, I write down the aisle and bay of something I see on
HomeDepot.com and plan to buy, and it's been accurate. This time I
noticed that it offered to text me those things. In case I forgot to
bring them with me, I clicked on Text me.

Based on what it said on the screen, below, am I morally or
contractually obliged to accept text messages for any minimum length of
time?

"Contractually" meaning, Will they refuse to let me cancel the texts or
will they take back my discount if I don't meet a minimum time?

"Morally" I don't need to explain to most of you and probably can't to
any others.

It gave an optional check box and said:

By providing your mobile phone number and clicking "Text Me", you agree
to receive in-store product location text messages from 20841 sent by or
on behalf of The Home Depot via automated technology. Consent is not a
condition of purchase. Message frequency varies based on number of
requests. Text STOP to 20841 to cancel in- store product location alerts
(you will be sent a confirmation message). Text HELP to 20841 for help.

*By checking the above box and clicking "Text Me", you agree to
receive marketing messages from 65624 sent by or on behalf of The Home
Depot Text Program via automated technology. Consent is not a condition
of purchase. You will receive up to 10 messages/month. STOP to 65624 to
cancel The Home Depot Text Program (you will be sent a confirmation
message). Text HELP to 65624 for help. Msg&data rates may apply.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, February 15, 2020 at 4:50:08 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
[...]

Boy life is sure confusing and difficult for you Democrats.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 15 Feb 2020 16:50:04 -0500, micky
wrote:

[...]

As Nancy Reagan said "Just say no".
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Looks to me like you can cancel any time with no penalty
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 15 Feb 2020 21:19:12 -0500, Clare Snyder
wrote:

[...]

I was all ready to go with what you said, and then it turned out they
sent me two texts.

One said Replay Y to get automated in-store product location at this
number. No purchase necessary.

So I sent back a Y and it wrote back: Thanks for texting the HOME DEPOT
In-Store Product Location Program. We didn't understand your message.

So I sent them a Y with a carriage return, and got the same answer.

Dang in my first post, I left out the $5 it would give me for signing up
-- hence the quandry -- but it turns ou tthat's only on a $50 purchase.

I give up. I'm glad I wrote the location down. ;-(