Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to seam the ends of new asphalt driveway

Hello everyone. Today I am having my asphalt guy come back to pack down and
add a new layer of asphalt to the existing driveway he did about 6 months ago.
Long story short. He did a poor job and I dont want to ask him to do
anymore work. Its bad enough Im making him correct his mistakes after
the first time. My question is. The house had an original driveway. I had
the driveway widened about 1000 sq ft. So I have an old driveway and a new
driveway. I want to know how I can seam the 2 together. With like a liquid
asphalt of some sort? I see it done on all the main roads but I never had it
done to my driveway. So I noticed the edge of the new asphalt kind of
crumbles. Like Little Rocks break off ect.... i am handy so Im sure I
could take on the task. I just dont work with asphalt so I am lost on this
one. Any help would be greatly appreciated
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/kk

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/7/2019 1:14 PM, Tonyv123 wrote:
Hello everyone. Today I am having my asphalt guy come back to pack down and
add a new layer of asphalt to the existing driveway he did about 6
months ago.
Long story short. He did a poor job and I dont want to ask him to do
anymore work. Its bad enough Im making him correct his mistakes after
the first time.Â*Â*Â* My question is. The house had an original driveway.
I had
the driveway widened about 1000 sq ft.Â* So I have an old driveway and a new
driveway. I want to know how I can seam the 2 together. With like a liquid
asphalt of some sort?Â* I see it done on all the main roads but I never
had it
done to my driveway. So I noticed the edge of the new asphalt kind of
crumbles. Like Little Rocks break off ect....Â* i am handy so Im sure I
could take on the task. I just dont work with asphalt so I am lost on this
one.Â* Any help would be greatly appreciated
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/kk

When I had mine resurfaced a few years ago I had the guy widen two feet.
He put down subsurface rock and resurfaced to the level of the old
driveway. There is no seam and no sign of separation.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, November 7, 2019 at 1:14:06 PM UTC-5, Tonyv123 wrote:
[...]

To get the old and the new to adhere what's known as a tack coat is
applied to the old, where it will meet the new. If it's already done,
it's too late. If it's done and there is still a void, you can use
one of the typical crack filler products. If it's wide enough, there
is also product that comes like a rope, you heat it with a propane
torch as you apply it. That's more durable than the liquid stuff
and what the pros use.

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

How wide is the gap? There are filler materials that would work. If
just a thin seam, a liquid filler will do, but if a wide gap, there is a
patch that has tiny gravel in it. You can just trowel it in and smooth
it.

Roller Marks in new asphalt driveway H Home Repair 6 November 26th 14 11:52 PM
driveway seam repair cc Home Repair 3 June 18th 08 05:52 PM
New asphalt driveway Lonnie Home Ownership 3 September 15th 07 12:14 PM
new asphalt driveway - in January???? Dom Home Ownership 6 January 14th 05 10:51 PM
What driveway deicer to use on asphalt driveway? sams Home Repair 2 December 8th 03 11:38 PM