Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to seam the ends of new asphalt driveway

On 11/7/2019 1:14 PM, Tonyv123 wrote:
Hello everyone. Today I am having my asphalt guy come back to pack down and
add a new layer of asphalt to the existing driveway he did about 6
months ago.
Long story short. He did a poor job and I dont want to ask him to do
anymore work. Its bad enough Im making him correct his mistakes after
the first time.Â*Â*Â* My question is. The house had an original driveway.
I had
the driveway widened about 1000 sq ft.Â* So I have an old driveway and a new
driveway. I want to know how I can seam the 2 together. With like a liquid
asphalt of some sort?Â* I see it done on all the main roads but I never
had it
done to my driveway. So I noticed the edge of the new asphalt kind of
crumbles. Like Little Rocks break off ect....Â* i am handy so Im sure I
could take on the task. I just dont work with asphalt so I am lost on this
one.Â* Any help would be greatly appreciated
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/kk

How wide is the gap? There are filler materials that would work. If
just a thin seam, a liquid filler will do, but if a wide gap, there is a
patch that has tiny gravel in it. You can just trowel it in and smooth
it.