Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dehydrator fuse?

I have a Cabelas dehydrator model 75-0201. It quit heating while making jerky.
The fan still works but no heat. I read the manual. I watched a vid for a similar model but what I have I cannot find in a search. Does this model have a fuse that might have blown? If so, where might it be? It is not outside and inside I see nothing fuse wise.
I have used this 10 times at best, had it for 5 to 8 years guessing. It looks new.
Thanks to anyone with some knowledge.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 3 Sep 2019 12:04:52 -0700 (PDT), Thomas
wrote:

I have a Cabelas dehydrator model 75-0201. It quit heating while making jerky.
The fan still works but no heat. I read the manual. I watched a vid for a similar model but what I have I cannot find in a search. Does this model have a fuse that might have blown? If so, where might it be? It is not outside and inside I see nothing fuse wise.
I have used this 10 times at best, had it for 5 to 8 years guessing. It looks new.
Thanks to anyone with some knowledge.

No "first hand" knowlege, but virtually all heating appliances have
a thermal cutout device to prevent overheating. If airflow is
restricted (either in or out) and the internal temperature excedes the
limit, the protection device goes open. SOME automatically reset - but
the majority open permanently. They ARE replaceable, if you can locate
it and then locate a replacement. Might be more expensive thana new
unit if you are paying someone to do the repair.

See:
https://www.digikey.ca/product-detai...BEgIy VPD_BwE

for an example
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, September 3, 2019 at 3:04:59 PM UTC-4, Thomas wrote:
I have a Cabelas dehydrator model 75-0201. It quit heating while making jerky.
The fan still works but no heat. I read the manual. I watched a vid for a similar model but what I have I cannot find in a search. Does this model have a fuse that might have blown? If so, where might it be? It is not outside and inside I see nothing fuse wise.
I have used this 10 times at best, had it for 5 to 8 years guessing. It looks new.
Thanks to anyone with some knowledge.

It very likely has a thermal fuse inside. They come in various form
factors, a common type looks like a diode or big resistor and it's
bonded to something that conducts heat to it. Sometimes they blow without
it going over temperature. If it has markings on it, you can probably
find one online, eg Ebay. Main things are that it looks the same so
it fits and current rating and temp.

diff between a 250V 10A fuse and a 32V 10A glass fuse? Mikepier Home Repair 14 July 15th 18 01:57 AM
Wiki: Make a dehydrator NT[_2_] UK diy 0 April 11th 12 11:07 AM
Jerky maker (dehydrator) plans?? Rob Mills Woodworking 8 June 29th 08 07:01 PM
5A fuse replacement in fuse box - does not quite fit... [email protected] UK diy 8 August 22nd 06 11:59 PM
switch-fuse and service-fuse discrimination Fash UK diy 16 July 19th 06 12:28 PM