Posted to alt.home.repair

Default strange clock radio

Just a story.

I have a table clock-radio with digital tuning GE model 4885 that I
bought in 1973 or 4. It has a 24 hour clock, dual alarms, and several
other nice features. Some buttons have gotten dirty inside and stopped
working so I've taken the keyboard apart and cleaned them, more than
once, and the time between cleanings got short so I gave up and use it
just for one station.

The Off button stopped working but radios use little current, so I'd
just turn the volume all the way down. The radio would turn off after
24 hours.

A little over a year ago when I came back for out of town, the radio no
longer turned off. It stayed on all the time. For more than a year.

But two weeks ago, it went back to turning itself off, probably after 24
hours.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"micky" wrote in message
Just a story.

I have a table clock-radio with digital tuning GE model 4885 that I
bought in 1973 or 4. It has a 24 hour clock, dual alarms, and several
other nice features. Some buttons have gotten dirty inside and stopped
working so I've taken the keyboard apart and cleaned them, more than
once, and the time between cleanings got short so I gave up and use it
just for one station.

The Off button stopped working but radios use little current, so I'd
just turn the volume all the way down. The radio would turn off after
24 hours.

A little over a year ago when I came back for out of town, the radio no
longer turned off. It stayed on all the time. For more than a year.

But two weeks ago, it went back to turning itself off, probably after 24
hours.

It returned from the dead, like that fool that was stupid enough to get
nailed up by the Romans.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 24 Jun 2019 07:35:11 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH senile asshole's latest troll****

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID: