Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Midea Mini-Refrigerator Thermostat access

Midea WHD-125FBs1.
This is a very basic 2 door mini-frig,
It does not respond to thermostat as expected so I'd like to remove and
check.
Access requires removal of a panel held by 2 screws.
First is hidden by a plastic plug - easy.
Second is situated between the light socket and the wall.
This cannot be accessed directly by a screwdriver.
The space is insufficient for me to insert my shortest driver bit.
I cannot guess how this was assembled as the light socket seems pretty
solidly attached.
Any clues?
Thank you

---

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/19/19 9:13 PM, John Keiser wrote:
Midea WHD-125FBs1.
This is a very basic 2 door mini-frig,
It does not respond to thermostat as expected so I'd like to remove and
check.
Access requires removal of a panel held by 2 screws.
First is hidden by a plastic plug - easy.
Second is situated between the light socket and the wall.
This cannot be accessed directly by a screwdriver.
The space is insufficient for me to insert my shortest driver bit.
I cannot guess how this was assembled as the light socket seems pretty
solidly attached.
Any clues?
Thank you

---

Offset screwdriver???
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/19/2019 4:28 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 6/19/19 9:13 PM, John Keiser wrote:
Midea WHD-125FBs1.
This is a very basic 2 door mini-frig,
It does not respond to thermostat as expected so I'd like to remove
and check.
Access requires removal of a panel held by 2 screws.
First is hidden by a plastic plug - easy.
Second is situated between the light socket and the wall.
This cannot be accessed directly by a screwdriver.
The space is insufficient for me to insert my shortest driver bit.
I cannot guess how this was assembled as the light socket seems pretty
solidly attached.
Any clues?
Thank you

---

Â*Â*Â*Â* Offset screwdriver???

There is less than 1/2 inch clearance.
I have several off-set screwdrivers but nothing that narrow.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, June 20, 2019 at 3:39:52 AM UTC-4, John Keiser wrote:
[...]

It obviously was not put together the way he wants to take it apart. I suggest googling for parts for it, find a parts diagram that shows how it's all held together. There might be a YouTube video on repairs too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/19/2019 10:28 PM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

I agree, it was assembled in some way that is non-obvious to me.
I tried googling for parts before posting here.
Midea seems to be a large Chinese manufacturer but I did not find a
parts diagram or video.
[YouTube shows how to remove a thermostat from a mini-frig but the 2
screws are easily accessed with no obstructing lamp holder.]
I may drill through the plastic socket and hope for the best.
Destruction of the light would not be a big loss.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, June 20, 2019 at 11:41:10 AM UTC-4, John Keiser wrote:
[...]

Maybe take a pic and post it online somewhere so we can see?
Have you tried prying that socket out? Maybe it just press fits in
and is held with some tangs? There are short right angle offset
screwdrivers, including ratching ones, but IDK if any will fit 1/2"
space. Plus, you probably need more space, as the screw comes out,
until it's free or maybe there isn't enough clearance for it to
completely disengage at all.