Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dryer Vent Cleaning Kit recommendations?

Hi,

I have a very simple run of 15ft of solid-wall, 4" metal duct, with one 90degree elbow in it, from my clothes dryer to the outside vent. I installed this duct several years ago and very carefully taped all joints and secured the duct to the wall, so I'd like to not take it apart if I can help it. The dryer is taking longer to dry these days and, after all the usual suspects, I think I need to clean the duct itself. I was looking up dryer vent cleaning kits, like:
"Fette Appliance - Flexible Dryer Vent Cleaning Kit" on Amazon,
"Everbilt Dryer Vent Cleaning Kit" on Home Depot
but the negative feedback on these items is usually how the cleaning rods break at some elbow inside the duct.
Can anyone recommend a product they're happy with?
Any professional duct cleaners out there, and if so, what do you use?
Advice appreciated.
Thanks!

Sincerely,
Theodore

Dryer Vent Cleaning Videos: Metspitzer Home Repair 14 June 15th 10 12:34 AM
Tumble dryer - vent kit/indoor condensor vs condensor tumble dryer? Scott UK diy 0 October 20th 08 08:10 AM
dryer vent cleaning Methos Home Repair 9 December 12th 06 07:51 PM
Tumble Dryer Condenser Vent Kit handy-andy UK diy 9 October 2nd 06 10:40 AM
new Maytag dryer clogs dryer vent shedmeister Home Ownership 2 January 10th 05 09:40 PM