Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dryer Vent Cleaning Videos:

http://www.sos.net/~pkrogh/dvc.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

Metspitzer wrote the following:
http://www.sos.net/~pkrogh/dvc.html

Now that's something I had never thought of.
Thanks.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

Metspitzer wrote:
http://www.sos.net/~pkrogh/dvc.html

Note he used a special nozzle on the end of his air hose. Betcha one could
be made pretty easily.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 13:09:59 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Metspitzer wrote:
http://www.sos.net/~pkrogh/dvc.html

Note he used a special nozzle on the end of his air hose. Betcha one could
be made pretty easily.

Stop the top video at 00:07 -- it looks like a clear hose that
bends/curls and sprays the lint outward.

My dryer vent goes up and out the roof ..

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Metspitzer wrote:
http://www.sos.net/~pkrogh/dvc.html

Note he used a special nozzle on the end of his air hose. Betcha one could
be made pretty easily.

Stop the top video at 00:07 -- it looks like a clear hose that
bends/curls and sprays the lint outward.

My dryer vent goes up and out the roof ..

All the dryers should probably have the vent hose disconnected at the dryer
before doing this. All he is doing is using air to blow the lint from the
sides of the vent pipe. It has to go somewhere. What does not go outside
will go back to the dryer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 15:59:29 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Metspitzer wrote:
http://www.sos.net/~pkrogh/dvc.html

Note he used a special nozzle on the end of his air hose. Betcha one could
be made pretty easily.

Stop the top video at 00:07 -- it looks like a clear hose that
bends/curls and sprays the lint outward.

My dryer vent goes up and out the roof ..

All the dryers should probably have the vent hose disconnected at the dryer
before doing this. All he is doing is using air to blow the lint from the
sides of the vent pipe. It has to go somewhere. What does not go outside
will go back to the dryer.

Yes. It always, also helps to cart the dryer outside and blow it off
with an air hose.

I stick a shop vac hose up the vent. Because my dryer vent is
vertical. I have found lint on the roof tiles :-/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 12, 5:33�pm, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 15:59:29 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"

wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Metspitzer wrote:
http://www.sos.net/~pkrogh/dvc.html

Note he used a special nozzle on the end of his air hose. Betcha one could
be made pretty easily.

Stop the top video at 00:07 -- it looks like a clear hose that
bends/curls and sprays the lint outward.

My dryer vent goes up and out the roof ..

All the dryers should probably have the vent hose disconnected at the dryer
before doing this. �All he is doing is using air to blow the lint from the
sides of the vent pipe. �It has to go somewhere. �What does not go outside
will go back to the dryer.

Yes. It always, also helps to cart the dryer outside and blow it off
with an air hose.

I stick a shop vac hose up the vent. Because my dryer vent is
vertical. I have found lint on the roof tiles :-/- Hide quoted text -

my dryer started drying verty slow, i pulled the dryer out and fond a
low spot and double dip in the vent line, a leftover from replacing
water lines.

i disconnected and reached in line, pulled out some lint, picked hose
up and got drenched.

the dip was holding water. after a little rearranging the dryer has
worked fine since
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Metspitzer wrote:
http://www.sos.net/~pkrogh/dvc.html

Note he used a special nozzle on the end of his air hose. Betcha one could
be made pretty easily.

Stop the top video at 00:07 -- it looks like a clear hose that
bends/curls and sprays the lint outward.

My dryer vent goes up and out the roof ..

All the dryers should probably have the vent hose disconnected at the dryer
before doing this. *All he is doing is using air to blow the lint from the
sides of the vent pipe. *It has to go somewhere. *What does not go outside
will go back to the dryer.

Watch both videos *and* scroll down the page.

As the hose is fed in, the air nozzle blows air backwards out of the
duct, not inwards towards the home's interior.

The website says "No lint enters the dryer or residence."

I'm not endorsing...just quoting.
Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:

wrote:

Metspitzer wrote:
http://www.sos.net/~pkrogh/dvc.html

Note he used a special nozzle on the end of his air hose. Betcha one could
be made pretty easily.

Stop the top video at 00:07 -- it looks like a clear hose that
bends/curls and sprays the lint outward.

My dryer vent goes up and out the roof ..

All the dryers should probably have the vent hose disconnected at the dryer
before doing this. All he is doing is using air to blow the lint from the
sides of the vent pipe. It has to go somewhere. What does not go outside
will go back to the dryer.

Watch both videos *and* scroll down the page.

As the hose is fed in, the air nozzle blows air backwards out of the
duct, not inwards towards the home's interior.

The website says "No lint enters the dryer or residence."

I'm not endorsing...just quoting.

When I lived in a condo (and sat on Council) we had all 129 drier vents
cleaned this way every few years. They never once damaged a dryer.

I have tried unsuccessfully to fine a tip similar to the one the guy
used. The tip rotated (fairly rapidly) and directed the air back towards
the outside vent opening.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ta-Da!

Ned Flanders wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:

wrote:

Metspitzer wrote:
[...]

Found it! Only twenty bucks.
https://www.ductcleanersupply.com/sh...products_id=42

More, like "Forward" nozzles, etc.
https://www.ductcleanersupply.com/sh...keyword=nozzle

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
Ned Flanders wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:

wrote:

Metspitzer wrote:
[...]

Thanks!

Although it is not exactly what the guy was using this looks like it
would do the job. I don't see a need in getting the clear hose, any
really flexible air hose should do.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 07:46:14 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Ned Flanders wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:

wrote:

Metspitzer wrote:
[...]

Look at that link -- is shows a "support ball". . I tried to describe
this moons ago and thought they were made from another material.

I saved the home page URL.

More, like "Forward" nozzles, etc.
https://www.ductcleanersupply.com/sh...keyword=nozzle

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 12, 5:33*pm, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 15:59:29 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"

wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Metspitzer wrote:
http://www.sos.net/~pkrogh/dvc.html

Note he used a special nozzle on the end of his air hose. Betcha one could
be made pretty easily.

Stop the top video at 00:07 -- it looks like a clear hose that
bends/curls and sprays the lint outward.

My dryer vent goes up and out the roof ..

All the dryers should probably have the vent hose disconnected at the dryer
before doing this. *All he is doing is using air to blow the lint from the
sides of the vent pipe. *It has to go somewhere. *What does not go outside
will go back to the dryer.

Yes. It always, also helps to cart the dryer outside and blow it off
with an air hose.

Somehow, lugging the dryer up the basement steps just doesn't
appeal...

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 14, 10:34�am, Cindy Hamilton
wrote:
On Jun 12, 5:33�pm, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 15:59:29 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"

wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Metspitzer wrote:
http://www.sos.net/~pkrogh/dvc.html

Note he used a special nozzle on the end of his air hose. Betcha one could
be made pretty easily.

Stop the top video at 00:07 -- it looks like a clear hose that
bends/curls and sprays the lint outward.

My dryer vent goes up and out the roof ..

All the dryers should probably have the vent hose disconnected at the dryer
before doing this. �All he is doing is using air to blow the lint from the
sides of the vent pipe. �It has to go somewhere. �What does not go outside
will go back to the dryer.

Yes. It always, also helps to cart the dryer outside and blow it off
with an air hose.

Somehow, lugging the dryer up the basement steps just doesn't
appeal...

Cindy Hamilton- Hide quoted text -

its excellent exercise shop vac and compressor air hose equals clean
dryer
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 07:34:20 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

On Jun 12, 5:33*pm, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 15:59:29 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"

wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Metspitzer wrote:
http://www.sos.net/~pkrogh/dvc.html

Note he used a special nozzle on the end of his air hose. Betcha one could
be made pretty easily.

Stop the top video at 00:07 -- it looks like a clear hose that
bends/curls and sprays the lint outward.

My dryer vent goes up and out the roof ..

All the dryers should probably have the vent hose disconnected at the dryer
before doing this. *All he is doing is using air to blow the lint from the
sides of the vent pipe. *It has to go somewhere. *What does not go outside
will go back to the dryer.

Yes. It always, also helps to cart the dryer outside and blow it off
with an air hose.

Somehow, lugging the dryer up the basement steps just doesn't
appeal...

Cindy Hamilton

Then shop-vac the lint from the dryer

dryer vent cleaning Methos Home Repair 9 December 12th 06 07:51 PM
Gas Dryer Vent Steve Home Repair 3 October 31st 06 03:47 PM
dryer vent [email protected] Home Repair 2 November 20th 05 10:15 PM
new Maytag dryer clogs dryer vent shedmeister Home Ownership 2 January 10th 05 09:40 PM