Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

Default How to keep sound on when backing up.

On 5/15/2019 11:28 AM, Rod Speed wrote:

"micky" wrote in message
In rec.autos.tech, on Tue, 14 May 2019 21:45:48 -0700, Sanity Clause
wrote:

Rod Speed wrote:

micky wrote:
According to some newspaper article online, back up cameras have
cut by only 10 percent (in cars that have them) the number of
times someone backs into a person.

I imagine those 10% are happy about it.

Specially the ones that have avoided killing their little kids
who have been run over like that. I actually know one person who
managed to do that.

I would also imagine that if the radio volume was to automatically
reduce to below bleeding-ears level when backing up, the driver would
most likely be able to hear little Suzie screaming "DADDY, STOP!!!!".

That's a good point, and if there had been any small children around in
the tens of 1000's of times I've backed up over the last decade, for
example, it would apply to me.Â* But there haven't been.

But its not feasible for the car to work out if you ever have any
little kids around and even if it could, doesn't cover the situation
where someone comes to visit with a little kid with them.

What would be a much better approach would be to allow the
radio to back up over what you missed automatically like some
TVs do. Still kill the audio when backing but continue on as if
there had been no quiet period when not backing anymore.

And just skip the commercials to catch up.
Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

Neill Massello posted for all of us...

micky wrote:

The 2019 Honda with the touchscreen that I am renting turns off the
radio/flashdrive/bluetooth sound whenever I back up. Is t here a way to
stop that.

You are information-adicted. Seek help -- but preferably not on the
Internet.

I doubt if Micky will see this but does your radio have a replay function on
it? Mine does.

--
Tekkie