Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Police detectors to warn mobile phone-using drivers (UK)

On 4/13/19 3:04 PM, Frank wrote:
On 4/13/2019 3:30 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 14 Apr 2019 04:24:42 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message

.

Even just 1 or two a year is worth doing the right way when its free,
luddite dinosaur.

Nothing is free.

That's bull**** too. It costs no more to use it for that
when you already have the phone for other reasons.

I have a phone to use as a phone, it doesn't have a NAV, broadband
capability or anything like that, it is very cheap to own,
particularly when it is sitting at home but if I bought a "smart
phone" with a data plan, GPS and all the "free ****" you are talking
about it would cost hundreds of dollars for the phone and way more per
year to have.
Nothing is free.

You can buy a smart Tracfone for as little as $20 and a years service
plan with several hundred minutes and 1 gig data for $125.Â* My wife has
one and for data access only uses in the house where wifi costs nothing.

I have a Tracfone flip phone with thousands of rolled over minutes
costing $100 year.Â* Blue toothed to car I can do hands free calling.

I've been using Page Plus for the last few years for calling and
texting.
My used flip phone came from Ebay. I add ten dollars to it whenever I run
low and that takes some time. Page Plus runs on Verizon's network so I'm
good to go even in the Nebraska Sandhills.
One thing I would like is a map and turn by turn directions. We
have that
on our company cell phones and it is handy at times. The office people can
pinpoint the place using google maps and mark the gps coordinates. People
aren't that good at giving directions to places they travel to by habit
at times.