Posted to alt.home.repair

Default America's Fentanyl Problem: China Can Turn Off The Tap... If ItWants

On 3/27/19 10:13 PM, Jac Brown wrote:

Some cut.

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 03/27/2019 11:04 AM, Jac Brown wrote:

Sure, but its only the dregs of the labor market
that dont move to where the jobs are. The USA
has always had far more dregs of the labor
market than most of the modern first world.

You dont see anything like the same problem in
Scandinavia which has had just as much in the way
of closure of factories and mills as the USA has.

Also, a lack of jobs means there is more time to do drugs and escape
to another world.

Sure, but that was always the case, most obviously
with moonshine and growing your own weed.

Moreover, it is estimated that the drug is available at one-
fifth of the cost of prescription opiates. The widespread use of
prescription painkillers has primed users for addiction to heroin."

Yes, most of those into hard drugs will try anything.

We're not talking inner city. Vermont is a rural state with more cows
than people. You're probably right though.

Sure, but some places like Appalachia have always
had plenty of dregs of the labor market 'living' in
hovels even in the boom days of factories and mills.

There is are great growth opportunities in running rehab clinics.

None of which actually work. Neither does AA,

I don't know about the rehab clinics but AA does work. I go to
AA meetings occasionally. People, mostly men, talk about what
AA does for them. The meetings, the sponsors, and the twelve steps
keep people sober. Sheer willpower has failed them. Mad wives, bosses,
lost jobs, and other detrimental things in a drunk's life don't keep him
away
from the booze.
This goes to the AA website.
https://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/read-the-big-book-and-twelve-steps-and-twelve-traditions
There are links to pdf and audio versions of the Big Book there.
I'm sober today because of what God did for me through his Son. Singer
Johnny Cash had his problems with booze and drugs. He wrote a book,
Man In Black. In it, he told of one of his drunkard buddies who sobered
up by prayer on a beach. I figured it worked for that guy, why not me?
I spent Sunday July 30, 1989 with a bad hangover and was dumping
perfectly good beer. And on my knees praying. I haven't drank since.
I tried quitting before but failed. God blessed me that day almost thirty
years ago.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"rbowman" wrote in message
[...]

No it does not. The percentage that never touch another
drop of grog for the rest of their 'lives' is pathetic, right
down in the single digit percentages and that of those
that show up at AA in the first place, not the total number
of alcoholics.

Its always been completely silly, tell alcoholics that they
must never let another drop pass their lips and when
they do let another drop pass their lips, tell them that
they didnt do what they were told.

I go to
AA meetings occasionally. People, mostly men, talk about what
AA does for them. The meetings, the sponsors, and the twelve steps
keep people sober.

It keeps a single digit percentage of those who show up sober.

Sheer willpower has failed them.

And the AA system also fails all but a single digit
percentage of those that show up to AA meetings.

Mad wives, bosses,
lost jobs, and other detrimental things in a drunk's life don't keep him
away
from the booze.

And neither does AA with all but a single percentage percentage of them.

This goes to the AA website.
https://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/read-the-big-book-and-twelve-steps-and-twelve-traditions
There are links to pdf and audio versions of the Big Book there.
I'm sober today because of what God did for me through his Son. Singer
Johnny Cash had his problems with booze and drugs. He wrote a book,
Man In Black. In it, he told of one of his drunkard buddies who sobered
up by prayer on a beach. I figured it worked for that guy, why not me?
I spent Sunday July 30, 1989 with a bad hangover and was dumping
perfectly good beer. And on my knees praying. I haven't drank since.
I tried quitting before but failed. God blessed me that day almost
thirty
years ago.

Nothing to do with AA. There will always be a tiny subset who give up the
grog.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default More Heavy Trolling by Senile Nym-Shifting Rot Speed!

On Mon, 8 Apr 2019 04:51:10 +1000, Jac Brown, better known as cantankerous
trolling senile geezer Rot Speed, wrote:

Nothing to do with AA. There will always be a tiny subset who give up the
grog.

Now ALSO an expert on AA, senile asshole? LOL

--
Bill Wright to Rot Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."