Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 'Like a Ferrari, you don't need it' - New Zealanders set to turn inguns

Guns are a way of life for me, really, says Womersley, 48, who
received his first firearm, a .22-calibre rifle, for his 12th birthday,
and now hunts with his 15-year-old daughter.

The semi-automatics used in the attack will be banned, with exemptions
for working hunters, and tougher licensing rules are on the drawing board.

I think the gun laws were too slack...the laws gave this bad man a
gun, says Womersley, who owns eight or nine guns, stored in a safe in
the garage of a home decorated with game heads. He ruined it for
everyone. Not everyone is like that.As part of a new national firearm
buyback scheme, he expects to hand in one military-style AR-15 assault
rifle, a type of weapon used in the Christchurch massacre.

I dont think we need military-style weapons in our society. I
definitely dont need them in my job, he says. Its like driving
around in a Ferrari, you dont need it.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-ne...-idUKKCN1RF0J3

Fair play to the Kiwis, at least they are doing something about their
gun laws. No-one NEEDS an assault gun, except for military etc.
--
Bod

---