Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Weekend gas prices

I was just east of St. Louis for the T Day holiday. Gas prices
ranged from $2.14 to
$2.69 on the same day within a range of maybe five miles. The high
price wasn't
next to an interstate or major highway. The prices were within city
limits but different
little towns.
I drove from St. Louis to Kansas City Monday. The cheapest gas I
spotted was
$2.05 in a couple places. This was within sight of I70. I don't
remember the highest
prices.
There is a fence between the east bound and west bound lanes of I70
in Missouri. It's
steel posts maybe three feet high with cables strung between them. It
must've
saved some lives over the weekend. There were maybe eighteen or twenty
vehicles still in the median. It looked like more had already been towed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/28/2018 04:12 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
I was just east of St. Louis for the T Day holiday. Gas prices
ranged from $2.14 to
$2.69 on the same day within a range of maybe five miles. The high
price wasn't
next to an interstate or major highway. The prices were within city
limits but different
little towns.

A couple of weeks ago I drove from Port Angeles WA and over Stevens
Pass. The gas prices were 'How much do you want to pay?' A fillup for
the Yaris is about 7 or 8 gallons unless I'm running on E so I can't get
too excited, but I've never seen such a range of prices, from about
$3.29 to $3.79. In this town you rarely see more than 3 or 4 cents
difference except for the one remaining full service station.

Posted to alt.home.repair

rbowman wrote:
[...]

I hope they kissed ya after ya paid : )

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/28/2018 10:17 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 11/28/2018 3:12 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Â*Â* I was just east of St. Louis for the T Day holiday.Â*Â* Gas prices ranged from $2.14 to
$2.69 on the same day within a range of maybe five miles.Â* The high price wasn't
next to an interstate or major highway.Â* The prices were within city limits but different
little towns.

How nice. Here, the lowest price is Costco for $2.95, and higher prices get close to a dollar more.

Yah, gas taxes drive the price up.Â* We need to have "gas stamps" for welfare democrats.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/28/2018 10:56 PM, ChairMan wrote:
rbowman wrote:
[...]

Nope and they didn't even clean the windshield even in Oregon where you
can't pump your own (in counties with over 40,000 residents). I wanted
to see the ocean. It's still there and no price is too great to get out
of the People's Republic of Washington.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/28/18 11:28 PM, rbowman wrote:

[snip]

A couple of weeks ago I drove from Port Angeles WA and over Stevens
Pass. The gas prices were 'How much do you want to pay?'Â* A fillup for
the Yaris is about 7 or 8 gallons unless I'm running on E so I can't get
too excited, but I've never seen such a range of prices, from about
$3.29 to $3.79.Â* In this town you rarely see more than 3 or 4 cents
difference except for the one remaining full service station.

Here, I often see 10 to 20 cents difference between stations within
sight of each other. The lowest I saw (Yesterday) was $1.94 at the
Wal-Mart in Tyler Texas. There is a refinery in this town, which I hear
explains the lower prices.

--
26 days until the winter celebration (Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:00:00 AM for 1
day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

Giving up witchcraft is, in effect, giving up the Bible." [John Wesley
(1703-1791) English theologian, evangelist, "Journal" (1768)]
Posted to alt.home.repair

rbowman wrote:
[...]

Use to live in Bellevue. Sad to see Washington going the direction they are

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 16:31:06 -0600, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On 11/28/18 11:28 PM, rbowman wrote:

[snip]

A couple of weeks ago I drove from Port Angeles WA and over Stevens
Pass. The gas prices were 'How much do you want to pay?'Â* A fillup for
the Yaris is about 7 or 8 gallons unless I'm running on E so I can't get
too excited, but I've never seen such a range of prices, from about
$3.29 to $3.79.Â* In this town you rarely see more than 3 or 4 cents
difference except for the one remaining full service station.

Here, I often see 10 to 20 cents difference between stations within
sight of each other. The lowest I saw (Yesterday) was $1.94 at the
Wal-Mart in Tyler Texas. There is a refinery in this town, which I hear
explains the lower prices.

It is @2.209 at the discount station and $2.249 at Shell tonight when
I was driving home. I may give it a day or two before I fill up my
boat cans.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/29/2018 03:31 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
Here, I often see 10 to 20 cents difference between stations within
sight of each other. The lowest I saw (Yesterday) was $1.94 at the
Wal-Mart in Tyler Texas. There is a refinery in this town, which I hear
explains the lower prices.

I would take that with a grain of salt. Years ago I stopped at a
Sinclair station across the road from a Sinclair refinery. No bargains
there.

I think the state tax is 27 cents here which mean really cheap gas isn't
going to happen. I just paid $2.69 at CostCo. Still compared to the west
coast Peoples' Republics it isn't bad.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/29/2018 04:07 PM, ChairMan wrote:
Use to live in Bellevue. Sad to see Washington going the direction they are

I'm more familiar with eastern Washington and that's no prize either in
places like Spokane. I've driven a lot of 101 in CA and OR and I was
curious about the WA portion. I don't have to go to WA to see clear cuts
that were replanted 30 years ago. At least it wasn't raining in the rain
forest. That started in Port Angeles. I had a front row seat on the
Richmond ferry which was good. I wasn't about to get out of the car and
stand in the rain to see nothing much.
Posted to alt.home.repair

rbowman wrote:
On 11/29/2018 04:07 PM, ChairMan wrote:
Use to live in Bellevue. Sad to see Washington going the
direction
they are

I'm more familiar with eastern Washington and that's no
prize either
in places like Spokane. I've driven a lot of 101 in CA and
OR and I
was curious about the WA portion. I don't have to go to WA
to see
clear cuts that were replanted 30 years ago. At least it
wasn't
raining in the rain forest. That started in Port Angeles.
I had a
front row seat on the Richmond ferry which was good. I
wasn't about
to get out of the car and stand in the rain to see nothing
much.

Did the San Juan trip back around 75-76...beautiful

Posted to alt.home.repair

Dean Hoffman posted for all of us...

[...]

Look up gasoline zone pricing. If that is not illegal (it is not) it should
be.

--
Tekkie