Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Fridge/freezer stat

My new LG fridge freezer has a dial which reads "C . . . N . . . W", which I assume is cold to normal to warm. But on both ends I can turn it a long way past the C or the W to an area just labelled "no using in this range". WTF is all that about? Why have a dial which I can turn to where I shouldn't? The manual says only "other positions will affect the storage of food".
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/29/18 1:16 PM, Undersized hippopotamus wrote:
My new LG fridge freezer has a dial which reads "C . . . N . . . W",
which I assume is cold to normal to warm.* But on both ends I can turn
it a long way past the C or the W to an area just labelled "no using in
this range".* WTF is all that about?* Why have a dial which I can turn
to where I shouldn't?* The manual says only "other positions will affect
the storage of food".

Wonder what the owner's manul says about it ;-)

--
The fastest way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 29 Oct 2018 17:58:27 -0000, Wade Garrett wrote:

On 10/29/18 1:16 PM, Undersized hippopotamus wrote:
My new LG fridge freezer has a dial which reads "C . . . N . . . W",
which I assume is cold to normal to warm. But on both ends I can turn
it a long way past the C or the W to an area just labelled "no using in
this range". WTF is all that about? Why have a dial which I can turn
to where I shouldn't? The manual says only "other positions will affect
the storage of food".

Wonder what the owner's manul says about it ;-)

As I said, the manual says only "other positions will affect the storage of food".
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, October 29, 2018 at 2:02:49 PM UTC-4, Undersized hippopotamus wrote:
On Mon, 29 Oct 2018 17:58:27 -0000, Wade Garrett wrote:

On 10/29/18 1:16 PM, Undersized hippopotamus wrote:
My new LG fridge freezer has a dial which reads "C . . . N . . . W",
which I assume is cold to normal to warm. But on both ends I can turn
it a long way past the C or the W to an area just labelled "no using in
this range". WTF is all that about? Why have a dial which I can turn
to where I shouldn't? The manual says only "other positions will affect
the storage of food".

Wonder what the owner's manul says about it ;-)

As I said, the manual says only "other positions will affect the storage of food".

Those positions are to keep clueless people like you occupied.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Scottish Sociopath PHucker PWNS the Entire Senile Yankie Gang on alt.home.repair! LOL

On Mon, 29 Oct 2018 13:58:27 -0400, Wade Garrett, another mentally
challenged, troll-feeding senile Yankietard, blathered:

to where I shouldn't?* The manual says only "other positions will affect
the storage of food".

Wonder what the owner's manul says about it ;-)

Wonder why it takes you senile Yankietards longer to catch on (what this is
all about) than anyone else! BG
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Troll-feeding Senile YANKIETARDS Alert!

On Mon, 29 Oct 2018 11:33:35 -0700 (PDT), tardo_4, the notorios,
troll-feeding senile Yankietard, blathered again:

Those positions are to keep clueless people like you occupied.

Already at it again, you insatiable senile sucker of Scottish troll cock?
BG
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default CAUTION!!! Birdbrain, the Abnormal Pathological Attention Whore, Strikes, AGAIN!

On Mon, 29 Oct 2018 17:16:32 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson",
etc.), the pathological resident idiot and attention whore of all the uk
ngs, blathered again:

FLUSH the abnormal attention whore's latest idiotic attention-baiting
bull**** unread again

--
ItsJoanNotJoann addressing Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"You're an annoying troll and I'm done with you and your

--
AndyW addressing Birdbrain:
"Troll or idiot?...

--
Phil Lee adressing Birdbrain Macaw:
"You are too stupid to be wasting oxygen."

--
Phil Lee describing Birdbrain Macaw:
"I've never seen such misplaced pride in being a ****ing moronic motorist."

--
Tony944 addressing Birdbrain Macaw:
"I seen and heard many people but you are on top of list being first class

--
Pelican to Birdbrain Macaw:
"Ok. I'm persuaded . You are an idiot."

--
DerbyDad03 addressing Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"Frigging Idiot. Get the hell out of my thread."

--
Kerr Mudd-John about Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"It's like arguing with a demented frog."

--
Mr Pounder Esquire about Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"the **** poor delivery boy with no hot running water, 11 cats and

--
Rob Morley about Birdbrain:
"He's a perennial idiot"

--
JoeyDee to Birdbrain
"I apologize for thinking you were a jerk. You're just someone with an IQ

--
Sam Plusnet about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson Sword" LOL):
"He's just desperate to be noticed. Any attention will do, no matter how

--
asking Birdbrain:
"What, were you dropped on your head as a child?"

--
Christie addressing endlessly driveling Birdbrain Macaw (now "James
Wilkinson" LOL):

--
Mr Pounder's fitting description of Birdbrain Macaw:
"You are a well known fool, a tosser, a pillock, a stupid unemployable

--
Richard to pathetic ****** Hucker:
"You haven't bred?

--
about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
""not the sharpest knife in the drawer"'s parents sure made a serious

--
Mr Pounder exposing sociopathic Birdbrain:
"You will always be a lonely sociopath living in a ******** with no hot

--
francis about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"He seems to have a reputation as someone of limited intelligence"

--
Peter Moylan about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"If people like JWS didn't exist, we would have to find some other way to
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/29/2018 1:16 PM, Undersized hippopotamus wrote:
My new LG fridge freezer has a dial which reads "C . . . N . . . W",
which I assume is cold to normal to warm.* But on both ends I can turn
it a long way past the C or the W to an area just labelled "no using in
this range".* WTF is all that about?* Why have a dial which I can turn
to where I shouldn't?* The manual says only "other positions will affect
the storage of food".

By now you would have had your answer if you either checked the user's
manual or called the customer service # that must be available either in
the manual or on line. Also, why not try the following experiment -
turn the dial all the way to "C". When the compressor stops running,
turn it further past the "C" and see if the compressor comes on again.
The dial label might just be a guide as to which direction to turn the
dial, not a "don't go past this point" indicator. If I had that
refrigerator, I'd be happy for the label, because my experience would
lead me to assume that the positions to the left would be warmer and
those to the right would be colder. (Maybe the engineers who designed
this unit come from a country where the language is read right to left?)
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 30 Oct 2018 14:12:44 -0000, Peter wrote:

On 10/29/2018 1:16 PM, Undersized hippopotamus wrote:
My new LG fridge freezer has a dial which reads "C . . . N . . . W",
which I assume is cold to normal to warm. But on both ends I can turn
it a long way past the C or the W to an area just labelled "no using in
this range". WTF is all that about? Why have a dial which I can turn
to where I shouldn't? The manual says only "other positions will affect
the storage of food".

By now you would have had your answer if you either checked the user's
manual

As I already said, the manual simply says "other positions will affect the storage of food". Why don't you read posts before replying?

or called the customer service # that must be available either in
the manual or on line.

Can't be bothered. It should be in the manual.

Also, why not try the following experiment -
turn the dial all the way to "C". When the compressor stops running,
turn it further past the "C" and see if the compressor comes on again.

I've found that dials on fridges and freezers seem to have a strangely large hysteresis compared to the range of the dial, and I've never found one that I can make go on and off. May also be a limiter to stop the compressor starting and stopping too frequently, as they don't like that.

The dial label might just be a guide as to which direction to turn the
dial, not a "don't go past this point" indicator.

No, it actually says "don't go past this point" on the dial, as I already told you.

If I had that
refrigerator, I'd be happy for the label, because my experience would
lead me to assume that the positions to the left would be warmer and
those to the right would be colder. (Maybe the engineers who designed
this unit come from a country where the language is read right to left?)

But why allow me to turn the dial further than I should?

[Newsgroup line repaired after you altered it for no reason]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 30 Oct 2018 10:12:44 -0400, Peter, yet another obviously mentally
challenged, troll-feeding, senile Yankietard, driveled:

By now you would have had your answer if you either

FLUSH

Simply unbelievable! Another senile prize idiot who doesn't get what the
Scottish sow and attention whore is all about! LOL
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 10/29/18 12:16 PM, Undersized hippopotamus wrote:
My new LG fridge freezer has a dial which reads "C . . . N . . . W",
which I assume is cold to normal to warm.* But on both ends I can turn
it a long way past the C or the W to an area just labelled "no using in
this range".* WTF is all that about?* Why have a dial which I can turn
to where I shouldn't?* The manual says only "other positions will affect
the storage of food".

Those "other positions" will make the unit run more reliably, depriving
repair people of the chance to overcharge you :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 30 Oct 2018 12:06:39 -0500, hah, another brain damaged,
troll-feeding, senile Yankietard, blabbered:

Those "other positions" will make the unit run more reliably, depriving
repair people of the chance to overcharge you :-)

Nope, senile idiot, the other positions only help him to bait all you senile
Yankietards on ahr ONCE MORE!