Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ancestry (was Syock)

On Sunday, October 28, 2018 at 3:06:57 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sun, 28 Oct 2018 09:41:56 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Sunday, October 28, 2018 at 12:34:02 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sun, 28 Oct 2018 04:08:33 -0700 (PDT),

wrote:

I found myself on mylife.com. Some of the information was accurate, some
of it wasn't. I was fascinated to learn that they think I might be a
sex offender, although they probably list that for every profile.

Cindy Hamilton

Are you the Cindy Hamilton on Ancestry with the Speer family, John
Fred Speer and Jane? (the Indian)
We may be cousins

No. I'm not that Cindy Hamilton

[The Other] Cindy Hamilton

OK I was just curious when I saw the name pop.
We seem to have the same problem Pocahontas has. The Cherokee don't
seem to believe Jane Nutt (1800-1870) was an indian. I already knew
that because I had seen the paperwork written in 1933 telling my dad
he wasn't 1/16.
My sister went to her grave arguing that she was an indian. So does my
niece. Why is it women who have such a hard time accepting this.

I can't be sure. Why do women who believe in reincarnation think they
were Cleopatra in a previous life?

I'm convinced I was a Chinese peasant in a previous life, just on the
statistics.

Indians treated their squaws terribly. I was surprised that virtually
every one of my ancestors came here in the 1700s. I have revolutionary
war veterans, 1812 veterans and Civil War veterans on both sides.

I probably do, too. My mother is into genealogy, but I really have no
interest in it.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I was not really that interested myself until I actually started
looking and found out how much I "knew" that was wrong.
The assumption always was that a significant number of us were fairly
recent immigrants (100-150 years ago) but the reality is every one I
have tracked came here in the 1700s or before. One of the lines I
thought would be easy, turned out to dead end in 1827 but virtually
every other branch I have been able to get back to a boat. (The oldest
couple in the late 1600s) They pretty much all are British Isles
people (England, Scotland Ireland). The German is the one I can't get
to a boat and I still have my Indian who just falls out of the sky.
She either eloped with a white guy and was banished by her family or
something else strange happened.
I am waiting for the DNA.
If it doesn't come back 94% UK, a splash of German and maybe some
Indian, somebody was seeing a pony express rider on the side ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Search family names / Coat of Arms.

https://www.houseofnames.com/
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I am sure that of the 35 or so English names I have identified I am
sure most of them would have a coat of arms on a web site somewhere,
particularly if you pay them to get it ;-)
Something tells me these people were not that rich or they would have
sat tight in their castle in England.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 5 Nov 2018 13:44:20 -0500, Tekkie® wrote:

I bet they have a mug with your authentic coat of arms on it ... in
stock, they promise.

My coat of arms is a ripped, scruffy, used WWII battle jacket with a
surprise under it.

--
Tekkie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TnkJ8_BmSI

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

On Mon, 5 Nov 2018 13:44:20 -0500, Tekkie® wrote:

I bet they have a mug with your authentic coat of arms on it ... in
stock, they promise.

My coat of arms is a ripped, scruffy, used WWII battle jacket with a
surprise under it.

--
Tekkie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TnkJ8_BmSI