Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tornado Alley Shifting East

I ran across an article talking about the shifting of Tornado Alley.
This particular one is from the Weather Channel.
https://weather.com/storms/tornado/news/2018-10-17-tornado-alley-shifting-east
I don't know of anyone here in Nebraska who has an actual tornado
shelter.
People rely on their house basements and the grace of God. My mom used
to talk
about the old fashioned cellars which were built separately from the
house. Those
would seem safer than a house basement.
Supposedly, tornado shelters were popular around Oklahoma City after one
of their worse tornadoes.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 05:46:52 -0500, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

I ran across an article talking about the shifting of Tornado Alley.
This particular one is from the Weather Channel.
https://weather.com/storms/tornado/news/2018-10-17-tornado-alley-shifting-east
I don't know of anyone here in Nebraska who has an actual tornado
shelter.
People rely on their house basements and the grace of God. My mom used
to talk
about the old fashioned cellars which were built separately from the
house. Those
would seem safer than a house basement.
Supposedly, tornado shelters were popular around Oklahoma City after one
of their worse tornadoes.

I imagine before basements people often had "root cellars" that stored
tater's, onions, smoked meat and other foods. They could hide from
wild injuns when under attack.