Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What a small world it is. Limo driver in deadly NY crash was FBIinformant in terrorism stings

On Monday, October 8, 2018 at 8:08:05 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 10/8/2018 5:29 PM, Sam Hill wrote:
On Mon, 08 Oct 2018 14:04:40 -0700, trader_4 wrote:

On Monday, October 8, 2018 at 3:45:29 PM UTC-4, BurfordTJustice wrote:
[copied stuff]

It's a bit premature to be suggesting that mechanical failure was behind
this. I'm betting on the driver. Either falling asleep, being DWI,
having a medical incident or intentionally doing it.

Supporting that:

No attempt to turn, the limo went straight through the T intersection,
without trying to make a right or left turn.

No, the limo did turn somewhat left, maybe 30°, and went into the Apple
Barrel parking lot which is not directly across the T. Else the
pedestrians would not have been involved.

Extremely unlikely for brakes which are separate for front and rear to
both fail and also to fail to such an extent that it's still going full
speed, not slowed at all.

'Twas a somewhat steep downhill, said a witness. If the fronts failed ....
probably original equipment prior to "limo expansion" ... and with more
than a ton of people on board, the backs wouldn't be effective at all.

Not much of a turn though. I'd have thought he'd try to stay on the
road, though he would have probably flipped it. I don't imagine at
speed that limo would handle well.

That's was my point too, with the not turning. It did go off to the left
a bit, but no indication from what I've seen that could show it was
intentionally steered. It also didn't go for the Apple Barrel square on,
so doesn't look like trying to kill as many as possible was a goal.

The question is what would a driver do under those conditions?
It's possible that the brakes failed and he was trying to minimize
the damage, figured that if he went straight there might be room to
crash safer as opposed to trying to do the hard left and flipping
or going into the AB. Or a driver might be so paralyzed with fear
and confusion at that point that they couldn't think at all.

But the slight path to the left is definitely consistent with an
incapacitated driver

Must have hit hard not to have any survivors. Very sad for the families.

And from the pics I've seen, the back 3/4 or so of the limo looks intact.
They must have all flew forward, like hitting a wall.

OT - Undercover stings expose 'gun show loophole' SteveB[_9_] Metalworking 1 October 8th 09 05:00 AM
OT - Undercover stings expose 'gun show loophole' No Name Metalworking 1 October 8th 09 04:33 AM
WORLD TOURSIM WORLD TRAVEL WORLD PACKAGE TAJMAHAL TEMPLE Home Repair 0 April 7th 08 04:33 PM
OT - Neander Limo J T Woodworking 3 September 26th 07 08:01 PM
OT changing a tire on a stretch limo mm Home Repair 12 February 11th 06 05:25 AM