Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Another allegation for Kavenaugh

On Tuesday, September 25, 2018 at 6:33:20 PM UTC-4, Unquestionably Confused wrote:
On 9/25/2018 4:38 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 25 Sep 2018 13:23:06 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Tuesday, September 25, 2018 at 2:58:42 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 25 Sep 2018 14:19:41 -0400,
wrote:

And it wasn't a block party either, there were only five people total,
according to the story.

This gets stranger all the time

According to the judge he was a virgin when these allegations are
claimed. Was Dr. Ford?

... fox in the hen house.

I think Kavanaugh declaring that he was a virgin for years after that
was a foolish thing to volunteer. It's now easy for some women to come
forward and claim that they had sex with him. I don't see it doing anything
to help his case. Sounds like one of those things a good lawyer would tell
you not to say.

If it is true, why not? It wouldn't shock me that a geeky 17 year old
who went to an all boy's school never got laid.

What I said. It has no relevance to the charge made against him. OTOH,
"They" can trot out another woman who will say he was NOT a virgin
(courtesy of her vagina). How does he rebut that? Now he has yet
another negative to prove and he can't. No one can. So now they can
claim he is a liar as well. No win situation after he opened his mouth
regarding his virgin status.

I said the virgin part of K's Fox interview was a mistake,
because it makes it very easy for other women to come forth
with allegations about sex and it's again difficult to prove
one way or the other. From the image that has emerged of him
I find him being a virgin well into his college days hard
to believe. Well, same thing with trying to
minimize his drinking, denying he was a heavy drinker, etc.
Now his opposition is gathering all the times he himself
has made speeches and comments about being a party animal
type and participating in heavy drinking.

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/20...ons-why/221436

And they will use that to attack his credibility on Thursday,
if he makes it that far. The reasoning will be, you denied
that you were a heavy drinker too, but you were, so how can
we believe you on your other denials? The GOP has a vote scheduled for
Friday, but I doubt they will have the votes, I don't see how
this gets resolved by Friday and I'd put his chances of being
confirmed at less than 50-50.