Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Extending Shelf Life of Minwax Wood Putty

replying to Stan, john wrote:
That is cuz they feed rats 5,000 times their body weight in all their tests.
So everything tested causes cancer in CA. They just don't test or publish the
results of testing salmon and healthy stuff. Just exaggerating of course, re
the amount, but you get the idea.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ty-235114-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/24/2018 2:44 PM, john wrote:
replying to Stan, john wrote:
That is cuz they feed rats 5,000 times their body weight in all their
tests.
So everything tested causes cancer in CA. They just don't test or
publish the
results of testing salmon and healthy stuff.Â* Just exaggerating of
course, re
the amount, but you get the idea.

Old post but I was curious and read the safety data sheet as I write a
lot of them. Considering the product as compounded ingredients are
safer and even though I err on the side of caution I would have toned
down the toxicity warnings.

There is stuff that causes cancer in California that is not considered
cancerous any where else plus there are de minimus thresholds not
exceeded by OSHA standards but are exceeded in California which are
ridiculously low. I put the warning on all of the SDS's I write if the
composition has used any amount of chemical on the list even if it might
have evaporated, e.g. 1 percent in a solvent used to coat a film then
evaporated. This satisfies California and keeps away the bounty hunters
looking for something to turn in and collect part of their draconian fines.