Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Roof caulk??

Just had our roof replaced and this is what they used over the bay window.
Looks like caulking? Is this done correctly?
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/g8

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/19/2018 7:44 PM, Kpow32 wrote:
Just had our roof replaced and this is what they used over the bay
window.
Looks like caulking? Is this done correctly?
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/g8

Â* No , they should have used step flashing . That mess is gonna leak -
probably sooner rather than later .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, September 19, 2018 at 9:12:38 PM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 9/19/2018 7:44 PM, Kpow32 wrote:
Just had our roof replaced and this is what they used over the bay
window.
Looks like caulking? Is this done correctly?
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/g8

Â* No , they should have used step flashing . That mess is gonna leak -
probably sooner rather than later .

+1

He can find pictures of step flashing. Part of the problem is that it wasn't done right before either. The siding should end about an inch above the shingles, with step flashing. With siding close or touching the shingles, water wicks up and rots the wood. I would check the rest of the job closely too.

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to alt.home.repair

Kpow32 posted for all of us...

Just had our roof replaced and this is what they used over the bay window.
Looks like caulking? Is this done correctly?
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/g8

Like others have stated: NO

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 20 Sep 2018 16:36:36 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

Kpow32 posted for all of us...

Just had our roof replaced and this is what they used over the bay window.
Looks like caulking? Is this done correctly?
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/g8

Like others have stated: NO

OPp needs a refund yesterday or sooner.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Imo, caulking other chimney work is not involved in a new roof.