Posted to alt.home.repair

Default SiriusXm for free

If you car has SiriusXm radio and you are not subscribing, you can
listen free for the next 10 days or so.

https://www.siriusxm.com/

I've been driving a rental for the past week and I really miss the XM.
We have crap for local here and the couple of stations I get on FM are
loaded with commercials.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 30 Aug 2018 10:36:57 -0400, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

If you car has SiriusXm radio and you are not subscribing, you can
listen free for the next 10 days or so.

https://www.siriusxm.com/

I've been driving a rental for the past week and I really miss the XM.
We have crap for local here and the couple of stations I get on FM are
loaded with commercials.

If you have enough phone data, there are apps that play radio stations
from afar.

I listen to WYPR and WAMU, and when I was abroad, and none of the local
stations even spoke English, I used the first one and planned to use it
for live internet-casts, and planned to install an app for the second
one too. But the first one had a menu that let me play loads of other
things, every program on NPR I think going back weeks iirc.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/30/18 10:36 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
If you car has SiriusXm radio and you are not subscribing, you can
listen free for the next 10 days or so.

https://www.siriusxm.com/

I've been driving a rental for the past week and I really miss the XM.
We have crap for local here and the couple of stations I get on FM are
loaded with commercials.

Paying to listen to the radio grinds my shorts, especially when many of
their channels have commercials and promos...plus the blues channel
playlist sucks!

I periodically pop for one of their regularly-offered $30 (plus $4-$5
fees and taxes) for six months promo deals. But if you don't call the
hard-to-find and periodically changed special cancellation phone number
by the end of the deal term, they nail your credit card $15.99 plus
tax/fees for the seventh month...and keep hitting you with it until you
do cancel.

--
The fastest way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 31 Aug 2018 10:06:00 -0400, Wade Garrett
wrote:

[...]

Since most cars have MP3 players these days, I am surprised radio is
still a thing.
I have been listening to MP3s in my car for almost 2 decades.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/30/2018 10:36 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
If you car has SiriusXm radio and you are not subscribing, you can
listen free for the next 10 days or so.

https://www.siriusxm.com/

I've been driving a rental for the past week and I really miss the XM.
We have crap for local here and the couple of stations I get on FM are
loaded with commercials.

I did not want to go to the sign up page. Often they hook into your
credit card than it might get tough to cancel. I know my brother got
free for a year on his new car but they wanted $ to continue. Don't
think they had his credit card.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/31/2018 12:01 PM, Frank wrote:
On 8/30/2018 10:36 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
If you car has SiriusXm radio and you are not subscribing, you can
listen free for the next 10 days or so.

https://www.siriusxm.com/

I've been driving a rental for the past week and I really miss the XM.
We have crap for local here and the couple of stations I get on FM are
loaded with commercials.

I did not want to go to the sign up page.Â* Often they hook into your
credit card than it might get tough to cancel.Â* I know my brother got
free for a year on his new car but they wanted $ to continue.Â* Don't
think they had his credit card.

The 10 day is up and running. You just turn on the radio and it will
work. No sign up needed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/31/2018 12:24 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/31/2018 12:01 PM, Frank wrote:
On 8/30/2018 10:36 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
If you car has SiriusXm radio and you are not subscribing, you can
listen free for the next 10 days or so.

https://www.siriusxm.com/

I've been driving a rental for the past week and I really miss the
XM. We have crap for local here and the couple of stations I get on
FM are loaded with commercials.

I did not want to go to the sign up page.Â* Often they hook into your
credit card than it might get tough to cancel.Â* I know my brother got
free for a year on his new car but they wanted $ to continue.Â* Don't
think they had his credit card.

The 10 day is up and running.Â* You just turn on the radio and it will
work.Â* No sign up needed.

I could listen but it said free preview. Is it 10 days or in a few
minutes you have to sign up?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/31/2018 1:02 PM, Frank wrote:
On 8/31/2018 12:24 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/31/2018 12:01 PM, Frank wrote:
On 8/30/2018 10:36 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
If you car has SiriusXm radio and you are not subscribing, you can
listen free for the next 10 days or so.

https://www.siriusxm.com/

I've been driving a rental for the past week and I really miss the
XM. We have crap for local here and the couple of stations I get on
FM are loaded with commercials.

I did not want to go to the sign up page.Â* Often they hook into your
credit card than it might get tough to cancel.Â* I know my brother got
free for a year on his new car but they wanted $ to continue.Â* Don't
think they had his credit card.

The 10 day is up and running.Â* You just turn on the radio and it will
work.Â* No sign up needed.

I could listen but it said free preview.Â* Is it 10 days or in a few
minutes you have to sign up?

It is supposed to be on to Sept 10. I'm driving a rental right now and
it is on for the second day. No sign up that I can see. You did change
off channel 1 right?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/31/18 1:02 PM, Frank wrote:
[...]

No signup required. Ten days, unlimited listening, then they pull the
plug. They seem to regularly offer these freebie promos around major
holidays.

It costs them zero to do it other than paying the tech who throws the ON
switch and then at the end, the OFF switch.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, August 31, 2018 at 11:01:21 AM UTC-5, Frank wrote:
On 8/30/2018 10:36 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
If you car has SiriusXm radio and you are not subscribing, you can
listen free for the next 10 days or so.

https://www.siriusxm.com/

I've been driving a rental for the past week and I really miss the XM.
We have crap for local here and the couple of stations I get on FM are
loaded with commercials.

I did not want to go to the sign up page. Often they hook into your
credit card than it might get tough to cancel. I know my brother got
free for a year on his new car but they wanted $ to continue. Don't
think they had his credit card.

You can get a prepaid VISA disposable debit card at most discount stores and Walmart. I've used them in the past to make online purchases and only loaded them with enough money to make the purchase. You purchase the card with cash and load money into it at the store and only use cash so there is no possible link to your credit card or bank account. I call them Internet commerce insulators. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Paranoid Monster

FREE FREE FREE FREE burfordTjustice Home Repair 0 March 14th 17 11:21 AM
FREE! FREE! FREE! fit UK diy 4 October 23rd 09 05:04 PM
Free URL Submission, Forum, Free Ebooks, Articles. James Home Repair 1 February 19th 07 06:43 PM
WOW - first a free lathe, now a free mill [email protected] Metalworking 3 October 17th 05 04:02 AM
What to do when lint free cloth isn't lint free? Stacey Woodworking 5 September 1st 05 06:44 PM