Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Commentary: Record U.S. yield curve bets plunge into red as inversionlooms

LONDON (Reuters) - Hedge funds are doubling down on their bets that the
U.S. yield curve will steepen, just as it flattens to within 20 basis
points of inversion, historically a sure-fire indication that the
economy is headed for a slowdown.

Whether slowdown morphs into recession, as every curve inversion in the
last 45 years has reliably predicted, is almost irrelevant for those
betting on the shape of the curve. What matters is theyre on the wrong
side of the trade and losing money. Fast.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-gl...-idUKKCN1LD1JS
--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/28/2018 2:45 PM, Bod wrote:
LONDON (Reuters) - Hedge funds are doubling down on their bets that the U.S. yield curve will steepen, just as it flattens to within 20 basis points of inversion, historically a sure-fire indication that the economy is headed for a slowdown.

Yawn.Â* The market goes up and down like a mattress in a honeymoon sweet.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 28 Aug 2018 19:45:24 +0100, Bod wrote:

LONDON (Reuters) - Hedge funds are doubling down on their bets that the
U.S. yield curve will steepen, just as it flattens to within 20 basis
points of inversion, historically a sure-fire indication that the
economy is headed for a slowdown.

Whether slowdown morphs into recession, as every curve inversion in the
last 45 years has reliably predicted, is almost irrelevant for those
betting on the shape of the curve. What matters is theyre on the wrong
side of the trade and losing money. Fast.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-gl...-idUKKCN1LD1JS

We are way overdue for a correction. Trump managed to maintain the
bull for almost 2 years longer than it was predicted to run but the
pullback is coming.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 28 Aug 2018 20:38:13 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 28/08/2018 20:36, wrote:
On Tue, 28 Aug 2018 19:45:24 +0100, Bod wrote:

LONDON (Reuters) - Hedge funds are doubling down on their bets that the
U.S. yield curve will steepen, just as it flattens to within 20 basis
points of inversion, historically a sure-fire indication that the
economy is headed for a slowdown.

Whether slowdown morphs into recession, as every curve inversion in the
last 45 years has reliably predicted, is almost irrelevant for those
betting on the shape of the curve. What matters is theyre on the wrong
side of the trade and losing money. Fast.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-gl...-idUKKCN1LD1JS

We are way overdue for a correction. Trump managed to maintain the
bull for almost 2 years longer than it was predicted to run but the
pullback is coming.

Yup.

A am a little mad that I listened to all of those never trumper people
who predicted the crash last year so I have been sitting on the side
on cash waiting for it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 28/08/2018 20:36, wrote:
[...]

IDK why you would listen to people predicting a crash. Trump said he
was going to do a big tax cut, the fed has the system flooded with
liquidity, which you pointed out, interest rates are low, and the
govt is spending record amounts of money. That's a prescription for
a bull market. Trump may yet kill it with his trade wars, but so far
the market has factored in that it's all BS, that nothing much is
going to change or worse case, if it gets bad enough, Congress will
overrule him and end his nonsense.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

It is a self fulfilling prophecy for some. They would like to see it
crash to get rid of Trump even if it hurt us. I think it made the Bush
slump worse years ago.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

It is a self fulfilling prophecy for some.Â* They would like to see it
crash to get rid of Trump even if it hurt us.Â* I think it made the Bush
slump worse years ago.

Doubt it would get rid of Trump but it could stop a second term if that
is what you mean. Reality is, the stock market has always had ups and
downs. The only question is when and how much. For the sake of us
living on our 401k I hope it is short and shallow.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 28/08/2018 20:36, wrote:
[...]

The stock market crashes on uncertainty and fear. Trump was sold us to
as the king of uncertainty and fear.