Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Downdraft cooktop

The show How It's Made was showing how these are built. They take
the place
of the traditional hoods over stoves. Does anyone have one? I've
never heard of
these.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/26/2018 7:42 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Â*Â* The show How It's Made was showing how these are built.Â* They take
the place
of the traditional hoods over stoves.Â*Â* Does anyone have one?Â* I've
never heard of
these.

A son has one in his home. Never asked him how he likes it but it looks
strange to see the stove on a counter in the center of the kitchen
instead of up against a wall with a hood.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/26/18 7:42 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Â*Â* The show How It's Made was showing how these are built.Â* They take
the place
of the traditional hoods over stoves.Â*Â* Does anyone have one?Â* I've
never heard of
these.

Had a Jenn-Air downdraft range for several years. Worked well.

But you need to have ample room underneath it and the floor to run the
exhaust duct to the outside. My kitchen is located over the garage so it
worked fine.

--
The reason stupid gang-bangers hold their handguns sideways and parallel
to the ground is thats the way they come in the box...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/26/2018 7:42 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Â*Â* The show How It's Made was showing how these are built.Â* They take
the place
of the traditional hoods over stoves.Â*Â* Does anyone have one?Â* I've
never heard of
these.

Jenn-Air was one of the first with it. A friend has one. Works better
than nothing, but not as good as an overhead vent system.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, August 26, 2018 at 6:42:22 AM UTC-5, Dean Hoffman wrote:
The show How It's Made was showing how these are built. They take
the place
of the traditional hoods over stoves. Does anyone have one? I've
never heard of
these.

We just had one installed but a behind the range vs. built into it. It raises 14 inches up when turned on and at 600 cfm the inspector said it would cause a vacuum in the house and cause a problem with the furnace. We had to install an air exchanger to make up the air pulled out of the house.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 26 Aug 2018 08:40:47 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 8/26/2018 7:42 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
** The show How It's Made was showing how these are built.* They take
the place
of the traditional hoods over stoves.** Does anyone have one?* I've
never heard of
these.

Jenn-Air was one of the first with it. A friend has one. Works better
than nothing, but not as good as an overhead vent system.

Mom had a Jenn-Air indoor grill with the down draft. This unit was
mounted on a kitchen island. Grill steaks, burgers, yard bird, etc.
IIRC 1970. The stove & exhaust on a outside wall, near the sink.

It was a neat unit.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, August 26, 2018 at 8:40:55 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/26/2018 7:42 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Â*Â* The show How It's Made was showing how these are built.Â* They take
the place
of the traditional hoods over stoves.Â*Â* Does anyone have one?Â* I've
never heard of
these.

Jenn-Air was one of the first with it. A friend has one. Works better
than nothing, but not as good as an overhead vent system.

I have a Jenn-Air on a center island and that's my opinion too.
It works fairly well. It's certainly a lot better than one of the fake
over the range ones that put the air back in the house. You can see
it pulling in smoke. But it can't
pull all the smoke and odors in, because it's centrally located and
low. When I remodel, I will probably get one that comes down from the ceiling.
But they could be a good choice, depending on your needs and uses.

They also have ones now that pop up behind, how well they work, IDK.
I would suspect they would work better for the burners near them,
not so well for the front ones.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Wade Garrett posted for all of us...

The reason stupid gang-bangers hold their handguns sideways and parallel
to the ground is that?s the way they come in the box...

They got it in a box? I thought they had a towel or t-shirt wrapped around
it. Either way, it lays on it's side. :-)

--
Tekkie