Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dishwasher leaks, but only sometimes!

replying to JD, No more leaky dishwasher! wrote:
I had this issue and found that the problem was the way I was placing the
dishes. Whenever I put in an item that was too large and it would stop the
water distribution thing that spins from spinning! On either level... I guess
the water would pool and cause the leak at the door. Since realizing this I
have always checked that the water distributors can spin freely after every
load and my machine has never leaked again...

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...es-502267-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/12/18 9:44 AM, No more leaky dishwasher! wrote:
replying to JD, No more leaky dishwasher! wrote:
I had this issue and found that the problem was the way I was placing the
dishes. Whenever I put in an item that was too large and it would stop the
water distribution thing that spins from spinning! On either level... I
guess
the water would pool and cause the leak at the door. Since realizing this I
have always checked that the water distributors can spin freely after every
load and my machine has never leaked again...

My Bosch DW has a large screened vent-like panel on the left side. If I
stack a large platter or similar next to it, I'll sometimes get some
leakage.

No idea why- but I leave it clear when I load.

--
The fastest way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.