Posted to alt.home.repair
USA USA is offline

Default Leakage in Foundation Next to PVC Pipe

Hi,
Theres a leak in our basement that Im trying to fix. It only occurs when
it rains. Its right next to the septic PVC pipe that drains out of the
house. However, there is also an electrical fixture.

Ive added pictures of the leak in progress.

Based on these pictures, can someone tell me what kind of leak Im looking
at? What would be the best solution?

Also, what is that electrical fixture? And how unsafe is it that water leaks
next to it?
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/fh
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/fi

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 22:14:01 GMT, USA
m wrote:

Hi,
There’s a leak in our basement that I’m trying to fix. It only occurs when
it rains. It’s right next to the septic PVC pipe that drains out of the
house. However, there is also an electrical fixture.

I’ve added pictures of the leak in progress.

Based on these pictures, can someone tell me what kind of leak I’m looking
at? What would be the best solution?

Also, what is that electrical fixture? And how unsafe is it that water leaks
next to it?
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/fh
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/fi

Have you cleared your downspouts lately ?
Has your neighbour diverted his - toward your yard ?

Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

Hi,
Theres a leak in our basement that Im trying to fix. It only occurs when
it rains. Its right next to the septic PVC pipe that drains out of the
house. However, there is also an electrical fixture.

Ive added pictures of the leak in progress.

Based on these pictures, can someone tell me what kind of leak Im looking
at? What would be the best solution?

Also, what is that electrical fixture? And how unsafe is it that water leaks
next to it?
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/fh
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/fi

Have you cleared your downspouts lately ?
Has your neighbour diverted his - toward your yard ?

Yes, and is it properly graded so the earth pitches away from the house?
He should go out there in a good rain and see what is actually happening.
Sometimes what you think is working, actually doesn't when it rains enough.
From the pic I can't tell how big the crack is, but at HD, etc where
they have the masonry products they have a variety of cement patching
materials, including ones in a caulk gun tube.

The electric, who knows without being able to know where it comes from
and goes to and the size. It's some underground conduit, could be the service
entrance or it could be something feeding from the panel to something outside.
It should be reasonably water tight, but water pouring on it isn't the best
thing either as you can see some deterioration.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Hi,
Theres a leak in our basement that Im trying to fix. It only occurs when
it rains. Its right next to the septic PVC pipe that drains out of the
house. However, there is also an electrical fixture.

Ive added pictures of the leak in progress.

Based on these pictures, can someone tell me what kind of leak Im looking
at? What would be the best solution?

Also, what is that electrical fixture? And how unsafe is it that water leaks
next to it?
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/fh
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/fi

You can get it patched by U.S. Waterproofing but it costs about $250 a patch. They do a
good job, and use an epoxy injection system. Lifetime guarantee.
Or you can chisel it out yourself and patch it with hydraulic cement, bought at Home Depot.
I had a similar problem, and grading wasn't the answer. You might have layer of clay in
the subsoil which doesn't drain well, and an aging foundation will develop some leaks which
must be repaired.