Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Leakage in Foundation Next to PVC Pipe

On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 22:14:01 GMT, USA m
wrote:

Hi,
Theres a leak in our basement that Im trying to fix. It only occurs when
it rains. Its right next to the septic PVC pipe that drains out of the
house. However, there is also an electrical fixture.

Ive added pictures of the leak in progress.

Based on these pictures, can someone tell me what kind of leak Im looking
at? What would be the best solution?

Also, what is that electrical fixture? And how unsafe is it that water leaks
next to it?
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/fh
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/fi

You can get it patched by U.S. Waterproofing but it costs about $250 a patch. They do a
good job, and use an epoxy injection system. Lifetime guarantee.
Or you can chisel it out yourself and patch it with hydraulic cement, bought at Home Depot.
I had a similar problem, and grading wasn't the answer. You might have layer of clay in
the subsoil which doesn't drain well, and an aging foundation will develop some leaks which
must be repaired.