Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - Legalizing pot saves big money and opiate overdoses

No wonder the Republican leaders don't want to legalize, their big
corporate donors can't handle the competition.

"Rusty Williams is the patient advocate on the West Virginia Medical
Cannabis Advisory Board. He said a survey of states that have legalized
medical marijuana showed a sharp drop in Medicaid drug spending.

"They're seeing a collective annual savings of $156 billion, Williams
said. People are opting to pay out-of-pocket for cannabis rather than
have their insurance pay for pharmaceuticals."

also
"On a human level, they point to a study in the Journal of the American
Medical Association finding states with legal medical cannabis saw an
average 25 percent reduction in opiate overdoses. "

Read it at:
https://www.publicnewsservice.org/20...ution/a62988-1
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 21 Jun 2018 08:07:07 -0700, Bob F wrote:

No wonder the Republican leaders don't want to legalize, their big
corporate donors can't handle the competition.

"Rusty Williams is the patient advocate on the West Virginia Medical
Cannabis Advisory Board. He said a survey of states that have legalized
medical marijuana showed a sharp drop in Medicaid drug spending.

"They're seeing a collective annual savings of $156 billion, Williams
said. People are opting to pay out-of-pocket for cannabis rather than
have their insurance pay for pharmaceuticals."

also
"On a human level, they point to a study in the Journal of the American
Medical Association finding states with legal medical cannabis saw an
average 25 percent reduction in opiate overdoses. "

Read it at:
https://www.publicnewsservice.org/20...ution/a62988-1

Oh my gosh Bob. You can't find a single case where Democrats took
money from big pharma. Say it ain't so Bob.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/21/2018 11:50 AM, Oren wrote:
[...]

The whole medical marijuana thing is just a smoke screen by the pot
heads to get it legalized. Only legitimate use that I know of is
marinol and the pure chemical is used:

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-9...l-oral/details

In spite of what they like to tell you, marijuana has been thoroughly
tested by the drug companies and even if it is sometimes effective on an
illness, there are much better drugs available.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/21/2018 12:11 PM, Frank wrote:
[...]

* You need to get updated on the uses of medical marijuana and it's
derivatives . Tell me , are the drug companies motivated to find medical
uses for a product that's out of their control - and that they ain't
going to make any money on ? I think not . I know people that use pot or
it's derivatives to treat many problems , including MS , nausea and loss
of appetite from chemo , reduction of intraocular pressure , and
treatment of chronic pain . Many of the benefits are from a group of
chemicals called CBDs , which are not what makes users high - that one
is THC , and MM is purposely hybridized to minimize that group of
compounds .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, June 21, 2018 at 1:12:02 PM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
[...]

So much for the conservative principle of leaving people free to run
their own lives. And why aren't you complaining to Trump? Many states
now are openly violating federal law, allowing pot to be grown, distributed,
taxed, and sold. I guess Trump has discretion in enforcing the laws after
all?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Do you really think big pharma is going to give the real
truth about something that is going to cost them BILLIONS?
CBDs alone have help a lot of people get off the opiods that
big pharma said were completely safe and have cause the
biggest health risks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, June 21, 2018 at 1:55:06 PM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:
[...]

It seems to me that if you're a conservative, then the people who are
sick should at least have the right to decide for themselves what works
and what doesn't. They can try it, see if it works. Also, I agree with
you, I've seen a lot of reports of pot working on a variety of ailments,
Stories of parents who children with seizures for example, where nothing
else works, but pot does.

We're accumulating data on the whole story, the downsides too, in the states
that are legalizing it. That's why having states is a good thing, it's a
lab to find out what works. So far, from what I see, the legalization of
pot seems to be having a whole lot better outcome than legalizing illegal
aliens with sanctuary cities and states.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 21 Jun 2018 12:55:29 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

[...]

Check out the CBD case in CO. The product is called Charlotte's Web
(named after the little girl) (CBD oil). The mother moved to CO
because NJ had laws against it. The child went from something like
100 seizures a day to maybe one or so.

For all you old fellers, there is a CBD ointment called Knob Lube.
Guess where it is applied :-\
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

That's part of the smoke screen being thrown up by the pot heads.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Erm! Cannabis CBD does *not* get you stoned

--
Bod

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

wrote:

[...]

The thing I can't find anymore? 8~(

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

* I ain't touchin' that ...

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

* As a general rule I tend to agree with much of what you post . But
you're dead wrong on this one Frank .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Ask a very trusted friend? ;-)

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

I did work as a chemist and my senior thesis was on assisting in making
anticancer drugs. I wanted to work for a pharmaceutical company but
offers came in to late and I ended up in polymers. Basically all
natural materials have been investigated for medicinal purpose and
active ingredients sought out and synthesized or purified for medicinal
use and even modified for superior effectiveness. That way gives exact
dosage control rather than consuming the natural product where efficacy
varies. People still chew willow bark for pain but it is better and
safer to take aspirin. I don't know of any that are smoked.

If legalized for recreational purposes like they do for alcohol or
cigarettes, that's a different story.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/21/2018 11:11 AM, Frank wrote:
In spite of what they like to tell you, marijuana has been thoroughly
tested by the drug companies and even if it is sometimes effective on an
illness, there are much better drugs available.

As the fox certifies that the hen coop is 100% fox proof...

Are those the same drug companies that thoroughly tested drugs that they
had to withdraw after they killed more than they cured? The ones that
handcrafted the opioid crisis? The ones that think a 1000% price
increase is fine business? **** them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

At least pot smoke smells sweeter than the burning bull**** you're