Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default OT - Legalizing pot saves big money and opiate overdoses

On 6/21/2018 3:26 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 6/21/2018 1:33 PM, Frank wrote:
On 6/21/2018 2:00 PM, ChairMan wrote:
Frank" "frankÂ* "frank wrote:
On 6/21/2018 11:50 AM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 21 Jun 2018 08:07:07 -0700, Bob F

wrote:
No wonder the Republican leaders don't want to legalize,
their big
corporate donors can't handle the competition.

"Rusty Williams is the patient advocate on the West
Virginia Medical
Cannabis Advisory Board. He said a survey of states that
have
legalized medical marijuana showed a sharp drop in
Medicaid drug
spending. "They're seeing a collective annual savings of
$156 billion,"
Williams said. "People are opting to pay out-of-pocket
for cannabis
rather than have their insurance pay for
pharmaceuticals."

also
"On a human level, they point to a study in the Journal
of the
American Medical Association finding states with legal
medical
cannabis saw an average 25 percent reduction in opiate
overdoses. "

Read it at:
https://www.publicnewsservice.org/20...ution/a62988-1

Oh my gosh Bob.Â* You can't find a single case where
Democrats took
money from big pharma.Â* Say it ain't so Bob.

The whole medical marijuana thing is just a smoke screen
by the pot
heads to get it legalized.Â* Only legitimate use that I
know of is
marinol and the pure chemical is used:

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-9...l-oral/details

In spite of what they like to tell you, marijuana has been
thoroughly
tested by the drug companies and even if it is sometimes
effective on
an illness, there are much better drugs available.

Do you really think big pharma is going to give the real
truth about something that is going to cost them BILLIONS?
CBDs alone have help a lot of people get off the opiods that
big pharma said were completely safe and have cause the
biggest health risks.

That's part of the smoke screen being thrown up by the pot heads.

Â* As a general rule I tend to agree with much of what you post . But
you're dead wrong on this one Frank .

I did work as a chemist and my senior thesis was on assisting in making
anticancer drugs. I wanted to work for a pharmaceutical company but
offers came in to late and I ended up in polymers. Basically all
natural materials have been investigated for medicinal purpose and
active ingredients sought out and synthesized or purified for medicinal
use and even modified for superior effectiveness. That way gives exact
dosage control rather than consuming the natural product where efficacy
varies. People still chew willow bark for pain but it is better and
safer to take aspirin. I don't know of any that are smoked.

If legalized for recreational purposes like they do for alcohol or
cigarettes, that's a different story.