Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default no electric, no water

A place where I go to meetings remodeled a little and bought what must
be the top of the line water fountain. Looks like this:

http://www.elkay.com/drinking-solutions

But it does not include the two girls.

Specifically, it looks like this, more than $900

http://www.restroomdirect.com/elkay-...AhfXEALw_wc B

But they have frequent power failures, beyond their control (and a
generator is not an option), and when the power is off, no water will
come out of the bubbler, or, I believe, the bottle filler, since that
seems to work only when the sensor detects a bottle.

It says " Non-pressurized water tank is located after bubbler valve, so
that tank is subject to line pressure only when Easy-Touch Control is
pressed."

Do you think there is any way to bypass the valve so the water works
even when the power is off, but doesn't make the water run all the time?

My feeling is that there is no way to do this, but I'm asking anyhow.

I haven't been able to find a wiring diagram. They knew about the
power failures before they bought it, but I guess it never occurred to
them that it wouldn't work then.

.... What's really a shame is that they sell this too:
M E C H A N I C A L L Y A C T I V A T E D
Bottle Filling Station with ADA Cooler
The ezH2O works alongside our mechanical cooler. Convenient hydration
with a mechanical cooler means water is always available. Self-closing,
mechanically-activated push bars on the front and sides operate even
during power disruptions.