Posted to alt.home.repair

Default UK: 'Deodorant Challenge' leaves teen with second-degree burns

On Tuesday, May 8, 2018 at 2:58:54 PM UTC-5, BurfordTJustice wrote:
Can't expect much from the dumb lot that can not tell time.

UK: 'Deodorant Challenge' leaves teen with second-degree burns

A 15-year-old girl in England was left with horrific burns after deodorant
was sprayed on her in the latest school craze.

Jamie Prescott, 42, said her daughter Ellie may need a skin graft after
taking part in "The Deodorant Challenge" with her South Gloucestershire
classmates.

The game involves spraying deodorant onto a person's bare skin for as long
as possible, and has left Ellie with an injury so bad it is still weeping
three weeks on.

Ellie described her injuries as "really painful" and said yellow liquid
leaks out of the wound.
"It's a hole in my arm and there's all this yellow stuff coming out," she
said. "My friend did it a year ago and has a scar, but said it wasn't as
painful as mine. When I show people my injury they lift up their sleeves and
show that they've all had it done too."

Prescott posted photos of the burns on Facebook to warn other parents of the
"horrendous" craze.

It has been shared more than 2,500 times since being posted on May 4.

"For any parents who have children, please, please sit them down and show
them these pictures," Prescott posted. "These are the damaging results of
something known as 'The Deodorant Challenge' which is currently doing the
rounds."
"It literally involves spraying deodorant on to someone else for as long as
possible. It's that simple, and results in severe secondary burns," she
said. "The pictures below are that of my daughter's arm THREE WEEKS ON which
may still as yet require a skin graft."

"Ellie's injuries are horrendous and if we can stop others doing it that
will be great," the mother of three posted. "As you can see from the yellow
padding, it is still weeping excessively. Ellie met friends at the local
park and they asked her to do the challenge, which she hadn't heard of."

"Other children have asked what's wrong with her arm but they have also had
it done and show their scars," she said.

Ellie has recently moved schools, from Chipping Sodbury School to Bristol
Technology and Engineering Academy, but she claims the game is prevalent at
both.

"Even if we can prevent just one more child from going through this, it will
be worth it," Prescott said. "I absolutely hate being in the limelight and
writing public posts and having attention, but in this particular instance
this challenge really needs to be made as public as possible. It's just
horrendous and needs stopping."

I want to start the "Jumping Off A Cliff Challenge" but I'm not gonna jump, I'm just gonna watch. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Jumpy Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/8/2018 7:58 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

Wonder if it is a burn or frostbite from spray evaporating:

http://www.kron4.com/news/national/g...rns/1167551194

I like you suggestion. Think of more. It would melt a lot of snowflakes.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, May 8, 2018 at 7:05:31 PM UTC-5, Frank wrote:
[...]

A famous man once said,"Stupid is as stupid does." Young people have always taken to silly fads and behaviors but it seems those activities in past generations had a strong component of self-preservation. WTF happened?! Is it all the chemicals dumped into the food chain for decades? Of course, when I was young, all the oldsters considered young people to be lazy and stupid.. I see all the new ways youngsters have come up with to kill themselves and I see that Darwin was right. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Observant Monster