Posted to alt.home.repair

Default mending a mica card

Can I use duct tape to mend a cracked mica card(wave guard) for microwave

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...d-1164180-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, April 13, 2018 at 8:14:06 PM UTC-5, Patricia Goulette wrote:
Can I use duct tape to mend a cracked mica card(wave guard) for microwave
--

The mica is transparent to RF energy which is why it's used. The duct tape will probably catch fire. You might try clear packing tape but It may also burn. You could try contacting an appliance repair company that collects older appliances and salvages the parts from them if your microwave is an older model. Is your microwave new enough to have repair parts available from the manufacturer or an appliance repair parts company? A microwave oven can catch fire if you alter the microwave emitting assembly. Be careful. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Mega Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/13/18 9:14 PM, Patricia Goulette wrote:
Can I use duct tape to mend a cracked mica card(wave guard) for microwave

Girl, doncha' know that duct tape can fix anything ;-)

--
The fastest way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.