Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shower massage hand held part needed.

I have a no-name brand hand held shower massage in which a pinhole leak has
developed in the plastic fixture that connects the device to the pipe coming
out of the wall. I have included two photos:

http://webpages.charter.net/mrfixite...tor-side-1.jpg

http://webpages.charter.net/mrfixite...tor-side-2.jpg

These are two views of the same part. Side-2 shows that there is a second,
smaller part that fits inside the larger part.

I was just going to replace the entire thing and not bother with finding a
replacement part however I cannot find any new models that has the one
feature I really like and that is at the bottom of the handle of the
sprayer, there is a variable flow control. It lets you control the water
pressure in whichever spray mode you select.

http://webpages.charter.net/mrfixite...ow-control.jpg

Is there a comparable model for sale now that has a variable flow control?
The ones I see now are equipped with pause buttons but that is either all on
or all off choice. If not, is there a generic part I can use to replace the
old part that leaks? If so, what do you call that part?

Thanks for your reply.
--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 29 Mar 2018 14:44:41 -0700, "David Farber"
wrote:

[...]

Would a simple flow-control valve work - in between
the new shower head and the pipe ?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, March 29, 2018 at 5:44:08 PM UTC-4, David Farber wrote:
[...]

How about a drop of crazy glue to try to seal the leak? Nothing to lose. Soaking it in vinegar or CLR to get the minerals off would clean it up too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

After going to several hardware stores, I found a generic connector, which
was packaged as a shower bracket. It did the job but the cradle that holds
the shower massage handle wasn't a secure fit and it kept falling out of the
bracket. I looked to see if there was a different sized bracket that would
fit the handle I had. By pure accident I noticed that there was a brand name
etched very lightly around the edge of the shower massager and it is a
Waterpik. I called Waterpik and explained the problem and sent them the link
to the pictures of the parts. A few minutes later they asked me for my
shipping address and they are going to send me the replacement part as a
courtesy, no charge. That was a pleasant surprise.

Thanks for your reply.
--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA