Posted to alt.home.repair
David Farber David Farber is offline

Default Shower massage hand held part needed.

I have a no-name brand hand held shower massage in which a pinhole leak has
developed in the plastic fixture that connects the device to the pipe coming
out of the wall. I have included two photos:

http://webpages.charter.net/mrfixite...tor-side-1.jpg

http://webpages.charter.net/mrfixite...tor-side-2.jpg

These are two views of the same part. Side-2 shows that there is a second,
smaller part that fits inside the larger part.

I was just going to replace the entire thing and not bother with finding a
replacement part however I cannot find any new models that has the one
feature I really like and that is at the bottom of the handle of the
sprayer, there is a variable flow control. It lets you control the water
pressure in whichever spray mode you select.

http://webpages.charter.net/mrfixite...ow-control.jpg

Is there a comparable model for sale now that has a variable flow control?
The ones I see now are equipped with pause buttons but that is either all on
or all off choice. If not, is there a generic part I can use to replace the
old part that leaks? If so, what do you call that part?

Thanks for your reply.
--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA