Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 17 years old ac unit noisy

Corsair ac. Very noisy. I want to change compressor with new . Noise will go a
way?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...y-1161978-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/22/2018 9:14 PM, Hov0200 wrote:
Corsair ac. Very noisy. I want to change compressor with new . Noise
will go a
way?

Depends on what is making the noise. Could be the compressor, could be
the fan motor. Ease of replacement depends on what refrigerant is used.

Best you should talk to a couple of reliable AC contractors.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 22 Mar 2018 21:43:49 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 3/22/2018 9:14 PM, Hov0200 wrote:
Corsair ac. Very noisy. I want to change compressor with new . Noise
will go a
way?

Depends on what is making the noise. Could be the compressor, could be
the fan motor. Ease of replacement depends on what refrigerant is used.

Best you should talk to a couple of reliable AC contractors.

Yeah Go over on the HVAC ng and ask them :-)
(only if you like getting beaten up)

What Ed is saying is if the sticker on your condenser says "R-22" the
gas might cost more than the compressor and only a licensed
refrigerant handler can buy the gas or suck out the old.
Buying a new condenser might be the way to go and throw in the "A"
coil to match it. The efficiency of new systems will pay back any
difference in price pretty fast. The PoCo might even kick in.

Old Thermador Oven- model MSC228 (25 years old) Need knobs KOS Home Repair 7 December 16th 17 07:00 AM
Noisy TRV (was Noisy Radiator) Bob H UK diy 7 October 14th 14 05:16 PM
bought an old house (90 years old) leza wang Home Repair 32 January 18th 11 10:15 PM
Should I expect a failed double-glazing unit to be replaced free of charge? House is five years old. MM UK diy 12 November 20th 09 05:52 PM
Noisy Goodman AC Unit FS Home Repair 8 August 11th 06 03:39 AM