Posted to alt.home.repair

Default After his family died, he threatened to kill himself. So the police took his guns.

On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 20:35:52 +0000, Bod wrote:

On 19/03/2018 20:32, rbowman wrote:
On 03/19/2018 02:04 PM, Bod wrote:
On 19/03/2018 19:16, wrote:
On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 18:16:19 +0000, Bod wrote:

On 19/03/2018 18:12,
wrote:
On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 17:51:17 -0000 (UTC), "Dove Tail"
wrote:

81 guns, insane.

After his family died, he threatened to kill himself. So the police
took his guns.

The Washington Post
http://tinyurl.com/ya26mnm2

In your giddiness I suppose you never finished reading the article.

"The judge looked again at McGuire’s file. He had no history of
violence. He had admitted making a threat, but now he said the threat
had passed.

“The guns are to be returned immediately to John McGuire,” the court
ruled, and a few minutes later Norris called McGuire to tell him. He
said it was the best news of his year. He said he would once again
feel whole and safe. “I can finally calm down and breathe,” he said,
and a few days later he was carrying 81 guns back up the long driveway
and into his house."

He needs 81 guns to make him feel safe!? Jeez,* gun nuts must walk
around in constant fear.

You notice he also said it was a significant investment. Guns usually
outperform most other investments if you by ones that are truly
collectible. I made 8x the price I paid for my machine gun when I sold
it. That outperformed the Dow and is a whole lot better than the 0.25%
the bank pays.

Ok, but I'd rather invest in gold.

Can't eat gold, can't shoot gold. It's shiny though.

You can't eat guns either.

You can use them to get what you can eat.