Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Australian Gun Laws

The Aussies obviously put a lot of thought into these laws and they
make a lot of sense. At first I thought the rules were draconian and I
was surprised to find out a majority of those polled felt the laws were
not strict enough.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Australia

--
"In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place."

"Truth Sounds Like Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/2/18 3:01 PM, Dove Tail wrote:
The Aussies obviously put a lot of thought into these laws and they
make a lot of sense. At first I thought the rules were draconian and I
was surprised to find out a majority of those polled felt the laws were
not strict enough.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Australia

Step one to cut gun deaths is to legalize drugs.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 2 Mar 2018 21:01:22 -0000 (UTC), "Dove Tail"
wrote:

The Aussies obviously put a lot of thought into these laws and they
make a lot of sense. At first I thought the rules were draconian and I
was surprised to find out a majority of those polled felt the laws were
not strict enough.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Australia

20 years after that gun ban and confiscation they turned in 57,000
banned guns in the amnesty this year. It makes you wonder how many are
still out there.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The Aussies obviously put a lot of thought into these laws and they
make a lot of sense. At first I thought the rules were draconian
and I was surprised to find out a majority of those polled felt the
laws were not strict enough.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Australia

20 years after that gun ban and confiscation they turned in 57,000
banned guns in the amnesty this year. It makes you wonder how many are
still out there.

However many, there are now 57,000 fewer.

--
"In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place."

"Truth Sounds Like Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 3 Mar 2018 02:03:06 -0000 (UTC), "Dove Tail"

wrote:

The Aussies obviously put a lot of thought into these laws and they
make a lot of sense. At first I thought the rules were draconian
and I was surprised to find out a majority of those polled felt the
laws were not strict enough.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Australia

20 years after that gun ban and confiscation they turned in 57,000
banned guns in the amnesty this year. It makes you wonder how many are
still out there.

However many, there are now 57,000 fewer.

20 years in, it does prompt the question, have these been held
illegally for 2 decades or is there a leak in the ban?
Even assuming we would be as compliant here, that ends up being a half
million illegal guns.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The Aussies obviously put a lot of thought into these laws and

they make a lot of sense. At first I thought the rules were
draconian and I was surprised to find out a majority of those
polled felt the laws were not strict enough.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Australia

20 years after that gun ban and confiscation they turned in 57,000
banned guns in the amnesty this year. It makes you wonder how many

are still out there.

However many, there are now 57,000 fewer.

20 years in, it does prompt the question, have these been held
illegally for 2 decades or is there a leak in the ban?
Even assuming we would be as compliant here, that ends up being a half
million illegal guns.

Yes, it could take years, which is all the more reason to start now.

Regardless, putting strict controls on the civilian sale of ammunition
will render many of the uncollected weapons impotent.

The world will probably go on after we are gone, especially if Trump is
removed from office. I rather like the idea of making the nation a
safer place for my descendants instead of simply saddling them with
crippling national debts.

--
"In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place."

"Truth Sounds Like Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/03/2018 21:01, Dove Tail wrote:
The Aussies obviously put a lot of thought into these laws and they
make a lot of sense. At first I thought the rules were draconian and I
was surprised to find out a majority of those polled felt the laws were
not strict enough.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Australia

The difference is the culture is completely different to the US.
Most Aussies had the desire to stop the carnage and as far as I know
they didn't have an all powerful NRA preventing change.

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/03/2018 23:02, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 3/2/18 3:01 PM, Dove Tail wrote:
The Aussies obviously put a lot of thought into these laws and they
make a lot of sense.Â* At first I thought the rules were draconian and I
was surprised to find out a majority of those polled felt the laws were
not strict enough.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Australia

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Step one to cut gun deaths is to legalize drugs.

Indeed. The dealers will have no one to sell to when users know they can
get clean and regulated drugs legally.

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The Aussies obviously put a lot of thought into these laws and they
make a lot of sense. At first I thought the rules were draconian
and I was surprised to find out a majority of those polled felt the
laws were not strict enough.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Australia

20 years after that gun ban and confiscation they turned in 57,000
banned guns in the amnesty this year. It makes you wonder how many are
still out there.

However many, there are now 57,000 fewer.

You beat me to it :-)

--
Bod