Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Delusional FL Libtard Sheriff Calls Himself 'Amazing'...

On 2/26/18 5:05 PM, trader_4 wrote:

Cut everything.

This link is to a story in the Miami Herald about the missed chances to
rein the shooter in. See what you think.
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article201887629.html

or http://tinyurl.com/ycqjzs88

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, February 27, 2018 at 8:19:47 AM UTC-5, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 2/26/18 5:05 PM, trader_4 wrote:

Cut everything.

This link is to a story in the Miami Herald about the missed chances to
rein the shooter in. See what you think.
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article201887629.html

or http://tinyurl.com/ycqjzs88

Nothing new there. Even if he was arrested for something, unless it
was a FELONY, there is no procedure in FL, no law, blocking him from
buying that gun. No one disputes that there were many red flags.
What is missing in FL law and procedure is a place for all that to
come together, BEFORE he can buy a gun. If FL had a law like NJ,
where you have to apply at the local police and they have to do a
background investigation and where they law allows them to then deny
the permit based on what they find, he would not have been able to
buy the gun. Or alternatively if somehow the police in FL were
dumb enough to approve the permit knowing that he had 23 calls,
was depressed, had been treated for mental illness, had made those
alleged incidents, then you could clearly say that it was the local
police who failed. If they have the procedure, the authority, to
deny a permit and instead granted it, then I say they failed. But
the gun nuts here, eg Gfre, think the police should have busted the
guy for killing a bird, that he would have been convicted of felony
bird killing, and then if that managed to make it's way into the
FED system, that would be the way to keep him from buying a gun.
That is beyond nuts.

And as I pointed out to him, while you have the accusations that he
killed a bird, that he pointed a gun at his brother;s head, we don't
know what the police learned when they investigated that. For example,
the gun to the head was not from the brother, nor do we know that the
person making that allegation even saw it. So, the police could have
talked to the brother, he says it didn't happen, or refuses to talk,
then what? They can't prosecute. But that info would be in the local
PD files together with 23 calls and all the rest and together would
easily be grounds to deny the gun permit here in NJ. We have a logical
system.