Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Speaker for phone

Do they make a speaker that accepts a landline or cell phone so you can
easily do other things while waiting on hold? Cheaper than a new phone with
this accessary?

TIA

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12 Feb 2018 16:46:53 GMT, KenK wrote:

Do they make a speaker that accepts a landline or cell phone so you can
easily do other things while waiting on hold? Cheaper than a new phone with
this accessary?

TIA

I bet you can find a land line speaker phone at Goodwill for $5.
People are ditching their land lines and fancy landline phones are
lining land fills.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, February 12, 2018 at 11:46:59 AM UTC-5, KenK wrote:
Do they make a speaker that accepts a landline or cell phone so you can
easily do other things while waiting on hold? Cheaper than a new phone with
this accessary?

TIA

Cell phone has it built-in, at least all of mine have. When you're on a
call there is a button showing a speaker. There is another button for mute,
so they can't hear you, background noise, etc. For landline, I;ve never seen
a separate one, but typical cordless ones have had it as a feature for
decades too and I'm sure you can find one cheap. I see them starting
at $40 all the time and that's for a set of like 4. I'm sure you could
find something much less on Ebay, especially if you need just one.
But when they are that cheap, worth considering a set maybe.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12 Feb 2018 16:46:53 GMT, KenK wrote:

Do they make a speaker that accepts a landline or cell phone so you can
easily do other things while waiting on hold? Cheaper than a new phone with
this accessary?
TIA

I'm not a big fan of our cordless phone - it's too small in my hand -
except for that one feature - speaker mode - when sitting and
waiting for customer service person to answer ..
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 12:29:06 -0800, Oren wrote:

On 12 Feb 2018 16:46:53 GMT, KenK wrote:

Do they make a speaker that accepts a landline or cell phone so you can
easily do other things while waiting on hold? Cheaper than a new phone with
this accessary?

For the house phone, something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-KX-.../dp/B00007M1TZ

I agree with this. I have those Panasonic headsets for all my landline
phones. It does require Panasonic phones with jacks.