Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Poor quality switches

I have bought a lot of rocker switches.

I got a poor quality product with these.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/201580203590?ul_noapp=true

I had to solder the wires to the connectors.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k1efmqeen1...itch.jpeg?dl=0
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 7 Feb 2018 16:08:22 -0800 (PST), Andy
wrote:

I have bought a lot of rocker switches.

I got a poor quality product with these.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/201580203590?ul_noapp=true

I had to solder the wires to the connectors.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k1efmqeen1...itch.jpeg?dl=0

What did you expect for $1.05 each?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have bought a lot of rocker switches.

I got a poor quality product with these.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/201580203590?ul_noapp=true

I had to solder the wires to the connectors.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k1efmqeen1...itch.jpeg?dl=0

Maybe if you paid more than a buck each you would get a better
product. As a general rule insulation displacement connections really
only work for one particular type of wire when they are good. I doubt
these are the state of the art.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Part of the peanut gallery?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Another member of the peanut gallery.😊

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/8/2018 3:49 AM, Andy wrote:
Another member of the peanut gallery.😊

Who you talking to? You can;t even make the peanut gallery as you make
no reference in your silly reply.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, February 7, 2018 at 6:08:28 PM UTC-6, Andy wrote:
I have bought a lot of rocker switches.
I got a poor quality product with these.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/201580203590?ul_noapp=true

Throw them away and buy these...

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Leviton-...-301370564-_-N

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 9:46:14 AM UTC-6, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/8/2018 3:49 AM, Andy wrote:
Another member of the peanut gallery.😊

Who you talking to? You can;t even make the peanut gallery as you make
no reference in your silly reply.

Sorry, my post was supposed to be to .

Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 8 Feb 2018 08:25:44 -0800 (PST), Davej
wrote:

On Wednesday, February 7, 2018 at 6:08:28 PM UTC-6, Andy wrote:
I have bought a lot of rocker switches.
I got a poor quality product with these.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/201580203590?ul_noapp=true

Throw them away and buy these...

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Leviton-...-301370564-_-N

Yup, a crucial thing those $1 switches are missing is UL Listed,CSA
Listed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Wednesday, February 7, 2018 at 6:08:28 PM UTC-6, Andy wrote:
I have bought a lot of rocker switches.
I got a poor quality product with these.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/201580203590?ul_noapp=true

Throw them away and buy these...

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Leviton-...-301370564-_-N

Yup, a crucial thing those $1 switches are missing is UL Listed,CSA
Listed.

The pics did not show the inside of the switch, if so I would not have bought them.

I got a 20% refund.

Andy

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 8 Feb 2018 16:15:22 -0800 (PST), Andy
wrote:

Sorry, my post was supposed to be to .

You are the guy who bought some no name Asian switch for a buck and
wonder why it is not top quality, or even acceptable quality.
I did point out that it might work for one particular wire type, just
not the one you have.

Small surface mount switches, maybe architrave switches? [email protected] UK diy 24 May 22nd 11 08:32 PM
vinylart.ca = worst service + poor quality + John Unhappy customer Home Repair 0 April 22nd 06 02:59 AM
Poor Kohler Quality Jim M Home Repair 4 September 12th 05 11:22 PM
Poor quality electricity supply, is it worth complaining to supplier? Jason Arthurs UK diy 41 May 31st 05 02:46 PM
Best path to refund on poor quality furniture? Stewart Apelzin Home Ownership 8 October 9th 04 08:51 PM