Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Federal Spending

On Monday, January 29, 2018 at 1:45:27 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Mon, 29 Jan 2018 18:08:51 +0000 (UTC), "Dove Tail"

Actually, in this case, Trader's satire more closely resembled that
of Mark Twain and, he hit the nail squarely on the head with his
satirical hammer.

It is just your garden variety left wing ranting but she has been
caught lying several times and the hype over non-events is comical.
Trump's tax return was a classic. We heard about it for 3 days and
when she finally made the big reveal, it was just the 2 page 1040 with
none of the details. It just showed that he paid a lot of tax that
year.

Not sure why you are going off on tangents about a TV personality when
the topic was Trader's Twain-like satire about your hypocrisy.

Maybe you are stretching for a diversion. :-)

You mean diverting from the diverted diversion?
Trader does not want to admit the middle class has been stuck in the
mud for 40 years.

We've were talking about the economy as a whole, not the middle class.
But if you want to talk about the middle class, IDK what's going on in FL,
but here in NJ, which is supposed to be a liberal hell hole, high taxes,
screwing the middle class, etc, as I drive around I see McMansions, all
kinds of new single family homes going up, 3 cars in most drives. The
parking lot at my old high school, used to be maybe 20 cars that kids
drove to school. Now the thing is overflowing with all kinds of cars,
including SUVs. When school let out, used to be a parade of buses.
Now it's an endless parade of cars. I see all kinds of people buying
$5 coffees at Starbucks, running around with the latest iPhones,
rolling out of Costco with shopping carts with 65" TVs. So, I'm
having a hard time believing that times are so tough for the middle class.

Perhaps the best indication is 40sumpin% (probably
50% with the tax cut) don't make enough money to pay any income tax at
all.

That would mostly be because income taxes have been eliminated through
tax cuts for more people.

They like to point at "household" income going up but they do not want
to admit there are more 2 wage households than there were 40 years ago
and they do not want to factor in the cost of that second income. By
the time you figure in child care, commuting expenses, business
clothes and other things you need for a decent job, the 2d income is
really watered down.

Who's buying all the iphones, 65" TVs, SUVs? Even the Ford F150 for
the beer drinking hillbillies is doing well, it's the number one
selling vehicle.
Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 wrote:

Seems to me the brain impaired in that case is the music industry
elites who are so full of themselves that they think this kind of
stunt is appropriate at the Grammys. About 40% of Americans approve
of Trump, yet they want to **** off that customer base. The results
show in the ratings, weren't they down 20%?

Political protest is appropriate in any venue. Doubly so when a nation
is being assaulted by a treasonous, criminal, fraud of a president.

Political protest isn't about ratings or money, it is about awareness.

When you put emphasis on ratings, you embarrass yourself by emulating
Trump.

--
Truth Sounds Like Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 30 Jan 2018 08:03:45 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

[...]

Typical blue state thinking. The top 10% says "things are going great
here". "Whats a matter wit youse guys"?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 30 Jan 2018 16:22:00 +0000 (UTC), "Dove Tail"
wrote:

trader_4 wrote:

Seems to me the brain impaired in that case is the music industry
elites who are so full of themselves that they think this kind of
stunt is appropriate at the Grammys. About 40% of Americans approve
of Trump, yet they want to **** off that customer base. The results
show in the ratings, weren't they down 20%?

Political protest is appropriate in any venue. Doubly so when a nation
is being assaulted by a treasonous, criminal, fraud of a president.

Political protest isn't about ratings or money, it is about awareness.

When you put emphasis on ratings, you embarrass yourself by emulating
Trump.

I did get a kick out of the Grammies with all of the emphasis on
women's issues juxtaposed against awarding the rappers who make a
living calling women "bitches", "hos", bragging about slapping them
around.
They are politically correct until they aren't.
The left is certainly a strange and hypocritical bunch
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 30 Jan 2018 18:12:27 +0000 (UTC), "Dove Tail"

wrote:

trader_4 wrote:

[...]

It took you a day and a half to formulate that ad hominem attack? Sad.

No that was my first impression watching the show and maybe you should
look up the definition of ad hominem attack. I was not referring to
any one person but exactly the position they, as a whole, were trying
to present

Too bad it doesn't diminish the value of their political protests and
the humor with which it is delivered.

It certainly does. Also it has been pointed out that after all of the
"respect women" rhetoric they only respected one with an award that
was not already gender specific.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

trader_4 wrote:

[...]

That's another very good angle. What we need are some pro-Trump
country western singers to demand equal time at the Grammies for them
to put on their political display. Same thing should happen at the
football games. Pro-trump players should demand equal time. In the
case of the Grammies, it would expose the hypocrisy at the organization
and CBS. If that started to happen, the libs would go nuts and political
protests anywhere, anytime would not longer be appropriate. It used to
be that at these awards, some of the recipients would go off on a political
rant. Now, it's being designed right into the actual awards. I didn't
watch it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

We aren't buying all those F-150s in NJ. And we surely aren't the only
ones with big TVs, SUVs and 4 phones in a family. America is also fatter
than ever before. Sure doesn't sound like a country that's doing so
badly. Just saying what I see.
Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 wrote:

That's another very good angle. What we need are some pro-Trump
country western singers to demand equal time at the Grammies for them
to put on their political display. Same thing should happen at the
football games. Pro-trump players should demand equal time. In the
case of the Grammies, it would expose the hypocrisy at the
organization and CBS. If that started to happen, the libs would go
nuts and political protests anywhere, anytime would not longer be
appropriate. It used to be that at these awards, some of the
recipients would go off on a political rant. Now, it's being
designed right into the actual awards. I didn't watch it.

Demand away, that is a door that swings in both directions and at all
events.

Seriously, the idea is asinine. The Recording Academy is a private
organization that can express whatever political opinions it wishes.
There is no obligation to provide equal time to fascists or anyone else.

--
Truth Sounds Like Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

trader_4 wrote:

[...]

Actually they had that opportunity at the Country Music Awards and
that was very apolitical. They always have a vein of patriotism there
that the left may find objectionable but there are no attacks on the
left or the head of the government like we saw at the grammys.