Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The politics and demographics of food stamp recipients

Seems like 10% of Republican Americans receive welfare.
Also, 17% of political independents say they have received food stamps.
22% of Democrats.

*So the majority of welfare recipients aren't Democrats*

10% Repubs + 17% Independants = 27%
Democrats 22%

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 27/01/2018 17:18, Bod wrote:
Seems like 10% of Republican Americans receive welfare.
Also, 17% of political independents say they have received food stamps.
22% of Democrats.

*So the majority of welfare recipients aren't Democrats*

10% Repubs + 17% Independants = 27%
Democrats 22%

Here's the link:
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...mp-recipients/

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 27 Jan 2018 17:18:55 +0000, Bod wrote:

On 27/01/2018 17:18, Bod wrote:
Seems like 10% of Republican Americans receive welfare.
Also, 17% of political independents say they have received food stamps.
22% of Democrats.

*So the majority of welfare recipients aren't Democrats*

10% Repubs + 17% Independants = 27%
Democrats 22%

Here's the link:
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...mp-recipients/

Since the only "independents" in congress actually caucus with the
democrats it is safe to say half of those registered as independent
are democrats and that is being generous to the argument being made.
The number is probably higher.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 27/01/2018 17:18, Bod wrote:
Seems like 10% of Republican Americans receive welfare.
Also, 17% of political independents say they have received food stamps.
22% of Democrats.

*So the majority of welfare recipients aren't Democrats*

10% Repubs + 17% Independants = 27%
Democrats 22%

Here's the link:
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...mp-recipients/

Since the only "independents" in congress actually caucus with the
democrats it is safe to say half of those registered as independent
are democrats and that is being generous to the argument being made.
The number is probably higher.

I'll have to take your word on that.

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/27/2018 10:18 AM, Bod wrote:
Seems like 10% of Republican Americans receive welfare.
Also, 17% of political independents say they have received food stamps.
22% of Democrats.

*So the majority of welfare recipients aren't Democrats*

10% Repubs + 17% Independants = 27%
Democrats 22%

Doing the math, 51% of the recipients would be? Non-voters because they
are illegal aliens?

That metric is suspect in any case. This state and 20 others, iirc, have
open primaries. At least in this state that means you do not register as
a member of a particular party. For primaries, you get both ballots,
pick one and discard the other.

This doesn't mean you cannot contribute to or volunteer for one party or
the other but there is no paper trail.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 27/01/2018 17:18, Bod wrote:
Seems like 10% of Republican Americans receive welfare.
Also, 17% of political independents say they have received food stamps.
22% of Democrats.

*So the majority of welfare recipients aren't Democrats*

10% Repubs + 17% Independants = 27%
Democrats 22%

Here's the link:
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...mp-recipients/

That's a rather flawed study.

"The survey found that significant proportions of Democrats (60%) and
Republicans (52%) say they have benefited from a major entitlement
program at some point in their lives. So have nearly equal shares of
self-identifying conservatives (57%), liberals (53%) and moderates
(53%). The programs were Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, welfare,
unemployment benefits and food stamps."

Assuming you live to 65 almost everyone will benefit from an
'entitlement' program. It doesn't make a big rat's ass difference what
your politics are.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 27/01/2018 17:18, Bod wrote:
Seems like 10% of Republican Americans receive welfare.
Also, 17% of political independents say they have received food stamps.
22% of Democrats.

*So the majority of welfare recipients aren't Democrats*

10% Repubs + 17% Independants = 27%
Democrats 22%

Here's the link:
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...mp-recipients/

Since the only "independents" in congress actually caucus with the
democrats it is safe to say half of those registered as independent
are democrats and that is being generous to the argument being made.
The number is probably higher.

I'll have to take your word on that.

I wouldn't make any assumptions. I have never been a registered member
of any political party and over the course of my life have voted for
Republican, Democratic, Libertarian, Constitution, and Reform
candidates, often mixing and matching on the same ballot. I suppose that
would make me an independent.

In any case there is no US political party that I can wholeheartedly
support so it's usually the lesser of two evils. Or perhaps the greater
of the two evils, depending on how Machiavellian I am feeling.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 27 Jan 2018 17:49:02 +0000, Bod wrote:

Since the only "independents" in congress actually caucus with the
democrats it is safe to say half of those registered as independent
are democrats and that is being generous to the argument being made.
The number is probably higher.

I'll have to take your word on that.

Easy enough to check. The last two were Lieberman and Sanders, both
ran as democrats for VP and Pres,.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 27 Jan 2018 18:04:36 +0000 (UTC), "Dove Tail"

Since the only "independents" in congress actually caucus with the
democrats it is safe to say half of those registered as independent
are democrats and that is being generous to the argument being made.
The number is probably higher.

Your post is just so much old dishwater.

Independents are just that, not Democrats or Republican. Independents
couldn't give a rat's ass about party affiliation, they simply want to
elect the best people for the job and support legislation that is in
the best interests of the nation as a whole.

Party-line voters frequently act as automatons because it is easier to
vote a party-line than it is to investigate and learn about the issues
and candidates.

But most people who register as independent lean left, otherwise they
would be Libertarians. The reality in closed primary states, you
really need to register as the party that drives your local elections
or you won't actually get to vote. In my county the democrats don't
even field a candidate for some offices
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 27/01/2018 17:18, Bod wrote:
[...]

But ... but
Don't the democrats say SS/MC is a fully funded retirement package
paid for while you were working? ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 27/01/2018 17:18, Bod wrote:
[...]

As far as I'm concerned it is If they want to give back the money
they've extracted from me for the last 50 years, with interest, I'll be
just as happy. If they want to run it as a Ponzi scheme, that works for
me too. If they want to end the 'entitlement' they had better be ready
for a lot of old farts with a lot of time on their hands and extremely
bad attitudes.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/27/2018 12:57 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 27 Jan 2018 17:49:02 +0000, Bod wrote:

Since the only "independents" in congress actually caucus with the
democrats it is safe to say half of those registered as independent
are democrats and that is being generous to the argument being made.
The number is probably higher.

I'll have to take your word on that.

Easy enough to check. The last two were Lieberman and Sanders, both
ran as democrats for VP and Pres,.

Lieberman is sort of a special case. He was a Democrat until he lost the
primary in his home state and ran as an independent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...necticut,_2006

Once again, the Republicans managed to make what should have been a
split in the Democratic voters into an unmitigated disaster. iirc, the
Republicans voted for Lieberman because he was a better Republican than
Schlesinger.

Sanders, love him or hate him, has been pretty consistent over the years.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 27 Jan 2018 20:07:27 +0000 (UTC), "Dove Tail"

Don't the democrats say SS/MC is a fully funded retirement package
paid for while you were working? ;-)

Citation, reference? Only a fool would think that social security is
anything but a legalized Ponzi scheme and a slush fund for both parties.

That is blasphemy for a democrat to say.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 27 Jan 2018 14:32:47 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

Hours later, the shocked posts were 'OMG. They
nominated Barr!'

I voted for Paris Hilton that year. She had the best ad, the one with
Martin Sheen.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 28/01/2018 12:43, pseudonym wrote:
On 01/28/2018 02:20 AM, Bod wrote:
On 28/01/2018 03:33, Willy wrote:
On 1/27/2018 3:07 PM, Dove Tail wrote:
wrote:

Don't the democrats say SS/MC is a fully funded retirement package
paid for while you were working? ;-)
Citation, reference?Â* Only a fool would think that social security is
anything but a legalized Ponzi scheme and a slush fund for both
parties.

If I had been allowed to invest 12.4% of my paycheck in the S&P 500
over my entire working career, I'd be way better off financially.
The main problem with social security is we have a bunch of lazy
****ing democrats drawing fraudulent disability payments.

What about the 10% of Republicans that claim? You never seem to
mention those.

Please educate us.

The politics and demographics of food stamp recipients | Pew ...
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact.../t...mp-recipients/
12 Jul 2013 - Of these, about one-in-five (22%) of Democrats say they
had received food stamps compared with 10% of Republicans. About 17% of
political independents ... liberals (53%) and moderates (53%). The
programs were Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, welfare, unemployment
benefits and food stamps.

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Don't the democrats say SS/MC is a fully funded retirement package
paid for while you were working? ;-)
Citation, reference?Â* Only a fool would think that social security is
anything but a legalized Ponzi scheme and a slush fund for both parties.

If I had been allowed to invest 12.4% of my paycheck in the S&P 500 over my entire working career, I'd be way better off financially.Â* The main problem with social security is we have a bunch of lazy ****ing democrats drawing fraudulent disability
payments.

What about the 10% of Republicans that claim? You never seem to mention those.

Please educate us.

The politics and demographics of food stamp recipients | Pew ...
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact.../t...mp-recipients/
12 Jul 2013 - Of these, about one-in-five (22%) of Democrats say they had received food stamps compared with 10% of Republicans. About 17% of political independents ... liberals (53%) and moderates (53%). The programs were Social Security, Medicare,
Medicaid, welfare, unemployment benefits and food stamps.

One of the core tenets of a real republican is self-sufficiency. Obviously, except to you, if someone is on welfare they are not a real republican.

Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 wrote:

I like to see Social Security payments to illegal aliens stopped
immediately. I get very little from Social Security and I'm a
citizen. o_O

There are no social security payments to illegal aliens. In fact, a
lot of illegals are paying into the system, helping to put money into
your pocket, while they can't collect themselves. Just the facts.

Just another fact that Dickless will dismiss and or ignore.

I cannot imagine him replying with anything resembling:

"Oh, I didn't know that, thanks."

--
Truth Sounds Like Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, January 28, 2018 at 6:26:31 PM UTC-6, trader_4 wrote:
wrote:

Don't the democrats say SS/MC is a fully funded retirement package
paid for while you were working? ;-)
Citation, reference?Â* Only a fool would think that social security is
anything but a legalized Ponzi scheme and a slush fund for both parties.

If I had been allowed to invest 12.4% of my paycheck in the S&P 500 over
my entire working career, I'd be way better off financially.Â* The main
problem with social security is we have a bunch of lazy ****ing
democrats drawing fraudulent disability payments.

I can't find the number but believe I heard about 40% of social security
goes to other than seniors.

I like to see Social Security payments to illegal aliens stopped immediately. I get very little from Social Security and I'm a citizen. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Unsecured Monster

There are no social security payments to illegal aliens. In fact, a lot of illegals are paying into the system, helping to put money into your pocket, while they can't collect themselves. Just the facts.

So you want illegal aliens to flood into the country? It figures that a Liberal leftist Commiecrat Moonbat Freak like you would want illegal aliens to come into the country and vote illegally for the candidates of your choice.. As usual, you have no idea what the frak you're drooling about. If it doesn't fit your agenda, you deny it. ^_^

https://tinyurl.com/k3oaw9k

https://tinyurl.com/y8lf9wn3

[8~{} Uncle Legal Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, January 28, 2018 at 6:35:35 PM UTC-6, Dove Tail wrote:
trader_4 wrote:

I like to see Social Security payments to illegal aliens stopped
immediately. I get very little from Social Security and I'm a
citizen. o_O

There are no social security payments to illegal aliens. In fact, a
lot of illegals are paying into the system, helping to put money into
your pocket, while they can't collect themselves. Just the facts.

Just another fact that Dickless will dismiss and or ignore.

I cannot imagine him replying with anything resembling:

"Oh, I didn't know that, thanks."

--

Why do you keep obsessing about my penis? Didn't the surgeon who did your gender reassignment surgery explain to you that your penis will never grow back? Get a grip Dove Anus before you harm yourself or others. I'm sure you are treated well at the North Korean troll farm. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Hung Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Are "illegal Aliens" allowed to vote in the US then?

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

Bod wrote:

Are "illegal Aliens" allowed to vote in the US then?

No, they are not.

Nor have there been any proven incidents of widespread voter fraud in
the USA with the notable exception of rampant gerrymandering by "guess
who".

--
Truth Sounds Like Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

According to the Commiecrats they are. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Legal Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 29 Jan 2018 17:48:40 +0000, Bod wrote:

Are "illegal Aliens" allowed to vote in the US then?

They are in California now.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Mon, 29 Jan 2018 17:48:40 +0000, Bod wrote:

Are "illegal Aliens" allowed to vote in the US then?

They are in California now.

This will help you rectify your "error".

http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/voti...te-california/

--
Truth Sounds Like Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 29 Jan 2018 18:11:32 +0000 (UTC), "Dove Tail"
wrote:

Bod wrote:

Are "illegal Aliens" allowed to vote in the US then?

No, they are not.

Nor have there been any proven incidents of widespread voter fraud in
the USA with the notable exception of rampant gerrymandering by "guess
who".

Nobody looks. Our TV station had no problem finding aliens (green card
holders) voting and nobody cared. They even have on camera interviews
where they say they did not know they were not allowed to vote. DMV
gave them the application, they sent it in and got their card.
California just announced everyone who gets a driver's license will be
given the voter ap. It will be up to the illegals (who can get a DL in
California) not to mail that application in. Nobody in the voter
registration office makes any effort to verify eligibility. If your ID
is good enough for DMV, it is good enough for them. States like
California also make no attempt to establish citizenship to get a
license nor is it indicated on that document.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Bod wrote:

[...]

That is all just so much anecdotal rumor, half truths and outright
falsity.

You can produce no evidence of widespread voter fraud so you pedal
conspiracy theories.

You are taking a page from the Trump 3 - 5 million illegal voter
playbook and, just like Trump, you have no evidence.

--
Truth Sounds Like Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth