Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The politics and demographics of food stamp recipients

On 30/01/2018 19:49, rbowman wrote:
On 01/30/2018 12:37 AM, Bod wrote:
Wrong.Â* We don't have to show photo IDs. You're checked to see if you
are officially registered on the voters list and that you still live at
the address where you registered. No racism involved, all voters are
treated the same.

In some, and I emphasize some, US states asking someone to establish
their identity is considered racist.

You're kidding me?

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/30/2018 01:37 PM, Bod wrote:
On 30/01/2018 19:49, rbowman wrote:
On 01/30/2018 12:37 AM, Bod wrote:
Wrong. We don't have to show photo IDs. You're checked to see if you
are officially registered on the voters list and that you still live at
the address where you registered. No racism involved, all voters are
treated the same.

In some, and I emphasize some, US states asking someone to establish
their identity is considered racist.

You're kidding me?

Unfortunately, no.

https://www.aclu.org/other/oppose-vo...ion-fact-sheet

"Minority voters disproportionately lack ID. Nationally, up to 25% of
African-American citizens of voting age lack government-issued photo ID,
compared to only 8% of whites."

https://www.benjerry.com/whats-new/2...-voter-id-laws

From the makers of politically correct ice cream. The argument is
disingenuous. They claim there is no voter fraud, despite many
investigations showing such fraud. Since there is no fraud and people
ineligible to vote would never do so, hence there is no need to ask for
id. Having valid ID is a symptom of white privilege since at least 25%
of the minorities manage to go through life without acquiring an identity.

A drivers license or an alternative id, which is the same format but is
not a license to drive will do. Most people will have acquired these
someplace along the way if only to collect welfare.

I suppose it would be racist of me to suggest that people who have left
no trace of their identity as US citizens are so far out of society that
they aren't qualified to vote in the first place.

Trump, for whatever his faults, is the reaction of a large segment of
the population saying 'Enough of this bull****!'